[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Christine Michael waived by Seahawks

bud29

I believe this is all speculation. Every thing I've read is that he's well liked by his teammates and coaching staff. I just think for all of his extra effort, he never could figure it out. He certainly wasn't performing all that well.

I was wondering what C1's source is, maybe he works in the Cowboys locker room or has some source who does. I seem to recall him saying things in the past that implied he had some inside source. (Could just be inside his head, but as always I wonder what is the source of such info, as you say most is just speculation and gossip.)

Ultimately he just isn't very good, not sure why we need this "lockerroom cancer" narrative to explain a below average RB being on several different teams and never doing much.

• Like 1

I was wondering what C1's source is, maybe he works in the Cowboys locker room or has some source who does. I seem to recall him saying things in the past that implied he had some inside source. (Could just be inside his head, but as always I wonder what is the source of such info, as you say most is just speculation and gossip.)

Ultimately he just isn't very good, not sure why we need this "lockerroom cancer" narrative to explain a below average RB being on several different teams and never doing much.

^^^This

And I was a big fan of Michael, but at the end of the day performance on the field matters.

• Like 1

I had been waiting all year for the real "CMike" to reveal himself. He always seemed to be this career backup and every time he got a chance never really shined.

This year he actually put up some good games and thought he may have finally made good in his chance. Guess not, can't say I am surprised.

The O-Line really blows in Seattle... Michael isn't a big pass catcher so he relies on inside running... which is not happening with that line. Wouldn't be surprised to see Rawls get hurt again.

Rawls doesn't get hurt because his line sucks. Rawls gets hurt because he initiates the contact and tries to run through a wall every time. Lynch got a lot of yards after contact because he just kept his legs churning the whole time and had a really good sense of balance. He would lower his head and take a tackler onwhen needed but he also had a knack for not taking a direct hit but a glancing hit instead. Rawls just runs head first into an oncoming semi truck and it just doesn't take long before he's hurt again.

Just my opinion, but did they really give a fair chance

New Orleans game he had three carries at half time. finished with 10-40 (Gurley will kill for 4.0 a carry)

Buffalo 5 total carrys.

NE 5 total carrys.

Not saying he is good but little volumn equal little output.

The team does not try to really run the ball

New Orleans game he had three carries at half time. finished with 10-40 (Gurley will kill for 4.0 a carry)

Buffalo 5 total carrys.

NE 5 total carrys.

He may not have gotten many carries but Prosise got 17 against NE, they throw it more because they do that better, and don't have a top notch RB.

And CMike had 10 or more carries in every game before BUF, that's getting a shot.

• Like 1

Buffalo 5 total carrys.

NE 5 total carrys.

He did have double digit carries in the first 7 games of the year. In 5 of those 7 games his production was mediocre. His only truly good game was against San Francisco. And then he had the two clunkers. I don't blame him. They have a horrible offensive line. Christine was waived because they are confident they can get at least mediocre output from their other running backs.

If Marshawn were coming back, Christine being cut would be the first move. And since Marshawn and Christine are probably friends after being teammates for 3 years, the Seahawks would want to cut Christine a bit before signing Marshawn.

I'd love to put my tinfoil hat on for this hypothesis! #pleasebelieve

I'd love to put my tinfoil hat on for this hypothesis! #pleasebelieve

Marshawn is 30. He already expressed any interest to come back earlier this season. He clearly likes the limelight despite being shy. The fans would give him a hero's welcome. If Rawls falters and Marshawn wants to come back, why would the Seahawks not want him back?

Did the Packers also keep him from the Vikings?

:blink: Seriously, you guys are giving this guy too much credit. He's been given every chance in the world (at least three different times by Seattle alone), and he can't even keep a roster spot. He's simply not very good. Physical attributes, sure. But, in terms of getting the job done, by moving the chains, he's been nothing special.

There may be teams out there that are desperate for RB help (GB), but I honestly don't think MIN is one of them. The O-Line is 99% of the reason they have no running game. The other one percent might actually be the play-calling (not the backs).

• Like 1

He did have double digit carries in the first 7 games of the year. In 5 of those 7 games his production was mediocre. His only truly good game was against San Francisco. And then he had the two clunkers. I don't blame him. They have a horrible offensive line. Christine was waived because they are confident they can get at least mediocre output from their other running backs.

Yeah his production fell off a cliff after a promising first 3 games, might as well go with arguably cheaper and better locker room guys at RB.

:blink: Seriously, you guys are giving this guy too much credit.

No kidding, Seattle cut Michael and promoted a guy off the practice squad who was cut off of the Jets practice squad a few weeks ago. Seattle considered practice squad fodder more valuable; and one would assume any team could have locked up Michael for a conditional 7th round pick.

No kidding, Seattle cut Michael and promoted a guy off the practice squad who was cut off of the Jets practice squad a few weeks ago. Seattle considered practice squad fodder more valuable; and one would assume any team could have locked up Michael for a conditional 7th round pick.

With that pesky trading deadline being long gone already, I'm not so sure that's actually possible. But Hawks have had this guy for 3 years now, they've definitely given him opportunities and he's still fallen short. Hell, took him 2 years just to learn to change carrying hands.