[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Tyreek Hill

InTomWeTrust

Green had one good week, simmer down.

He put up big numbers in very limited time in two other games, too. Against Dallas he played 12 snaps (16.2%) and had 3 catches for 30 yards. Against Cleveland he played 8 snaps (11.6%) and did nothing. Against Indianapolis he played 14 snaps (25.9%) and had 2 catches for 67 yards. Last week's performance was 6 catches for 110 yards and a touchdown on 35 snaps (47.9%). If you add the numbers together, it totals 11 catches for 207 yards and a touchdown in 69 snaps (101.6%).

It's hard not to get excited about Ladarius. He plays on a potent offense that has defenses keying on Antonio Brown and Le'Veon Bell. All he'll ever see is single coverage. Week 15 he plays Cincinatti who has given up the most points in the league to the tight end position this season. Week 17 he plays Cleveland who has given up the 2nd most points to the tight end position this year.

He put up big numbers in very limited time in two other games, too. Against Dallas he played 12 snaps (16.2%) and had 3 catches for 30 yards. Against Cleveland he played 8 snaps (11.6%) and did nothing. Against Indianapolis he played 14 snaps (25.9%) and had 2 catches for 67 yards. Last week's performance was 6 catches for 110 yards and a touchdown on 35 snaps (47.9%). If you add the numbers together, it totals 11 catches for 207 yards and a touchdown in 69 snaps (101.6%).

It's hard not to get excited about Ladarius. He plays on a potent offense that has defenses keying on Antonio Brown and Le'Veon Bell. All he'll ever see is single coverage. Week 15 he plays Cincinatti who has given up the most points in the league to the tight end position this season. Week 17 he plays Cleveland who has given up the 2nd most points to the tight end position this year.

It's encouraging, but I just feel like he's going to burn a lot of owners that activate him now following that kind of outing in the first week of some people's playoffs. I think you've seen the ceiling on his amount of snaps, as they'll need more competent blockers in other sets, since this guy can't block. I've been saying it all year since I followed him as a Chargers fan, and here's a pretty good article that has some gifs of him whiffing on blocks:

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2016/12/steelers-film-room-ladarius-green-rusty-blocker/

The potential is always there with him for big games, but don't expect him to be playing a majority of snaps, the TE's are gonna be splitting duties.

• Like 2

It's encouraging, but I just feel like he's going to burn a lot of owners that activate him now following that kind of outing in the first week of some people's playoffs. I think you've seen the ceiling on his amount of snaps, as they'll need more competent blockers in other sets, since this guy can't block. I've been saying it all year since I followed him as a Chargers fan, and here's a pretty good article that has some gifs of him whiffing on blocks:

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2016/12/steelers-film-room-ladarius-green-rusty-blocker/

The potential is always there with him for big games, but don't expect him to be playing a majority of snaps, the TE's are gonna be splitting duties.

The good thing about being bad at blocking is that he won't be kept in to block. He is essentially a big wide receiver like Jimmy Graham. And Pittsburgh doesn't have much in the way of receivers other than Antonio Brown. So the opportunity is there. But you might be right. They might keep him at 50% of snaps until the playoffs. But I'll definitely be watching his snap count this Sunday. I'm hoping for 60% of snaps. And it'll be hard for Pittsburgh to keep him on the bench Week 15 against Cincinatti since they are the worst in the league against tight ends. Pittsburgh is 7-5. They don't have the luxury to play it conservative.

The good thing about being bad at blocking is that he won't be kept in to block. He is essentially a big wide receiver like Jimmy Graham. And Pittsburgh doesn't have much in the way of receivers other than Antonio Brown. So the opportunity is there. But you might be right. They might keep him at 50% of snaps until the playoffs. But I'll definitely be watching his snap count this Sunday. I'm hoping for 60% of snaps. And it'll be hard for Pittsburgh to keep him on the bench Week 15 against Cincinatti since they are the worst in the league against tight ends. Pittsburgh is 7-5. They don't have the luxury to play it conservative.

Yeah, Jimmy Graham is the best comparison. A big, talented receiver that is just out there to catch passes and not much else. If his snap count ramps up that much more than that is certainly telling of what they are looking for out of him. But if he still hovers below 50%, you're really playing with fire in these important weeks. That being said, some people don't have many better options at TE since it's been so erratic this year.

I think you've seen the ceiling on his amount of snaps, as they'll need more competent blockers in other sets,

This is confirming what you said: Ladarius Green's snap total might be capped

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/350394/ladarius-greens-snap-total-might-be-capped?ls=roto:PIT:topheadlines

ESPN Steelers reporter Jeremy Fowler believes 30-40 snaps is Ladarius Green's "range because of the Steelers’ run-heavy sets."

Green saw his snap share jump to 48 percent last week against the Giants, but that might be his ceiling if Fowler is correct. The good news is Green runs a route on almost all of his snaps, giving him plenty of target opportunities despite the limited snap percentage. With a pretty favorable schedule down the stretch, Green should be a solid TE1 the rest of the way.
Source: ESPN
Dec 10 - 12:29 PM
  • Like 1