[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Missed Punt Return scored as a Fumble, WTF?

Anber

In the KC v Denver game, tonight, the KC punt hit the punt returner and bounced away and was recovered by KC. The Denver player never had possession of the ball.

Yahoo Fantasy scored this as a fumble recovery.

1. This is obviously not a fumble, is there any rule which deems it to be one?

2. Where do we report stat corrections because this likely should not stand and may be significant to a weekly matchup in the league I commission.

Full disclosure, my opponent has KC DST.

D.A.

In the KC v Denver game, tonight, the KC punt hit the punt returner and bounced away and was recovered by KC. The Denver player never had possession of the ball.

Yahoo Fantasy scored this as a fumble recovery.

1. This is obviously not a fumble, is there any rule which deems it to be one?

2. Where do we report stat corrections because this likely should not stand and may be significant to a weekly matchup in the league I commission.

Full disclosure, my opponent has KC DST.

D.A.

Its still a turnover though because had the ball not hit the Denver return man then Denver would have had the ball.

A muff is not a fumble. But for stat purposes, it is considered a fumble.

Fumble recovery for the defenese (not just special teams according my league scoring since we don't include ST).

Also appears to count as a fumble for the player fielding the punt (Norwood) I see he has a -1 in our league, no points for yardage/TD, but he did have a lost fumble.

Checking the CBS scoring categories in our league this looks like a DFR (Defensive/ST Fumble Recovered which applies to individual defensive player, team defense and team defense/special teams.)