[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Survivor Week 13

raulmz

Top Favorites

-Patriots

-Seahawks

Next

-Broncos

-Packers

-Chargers

-Saints

-Steelers

already use Patriots, Broncos, Packers and Steelers.. so i'm between Saints, Seahawks and Chargers in that order.

Edited by raulmz

NE (vs LA) is the top point spread, at nearly two touchdowns. Unfortunately, I used them in Week 5. Seattle (-6.5 vs CAR), GB (-6 vs HOU) and PIT (-6 vs NYG) are all home favorites... I've already used them as well. Not sure I'd touch GB or PIT, anyway. I also burned NO last week (-5 vs DET). That leaves me with the following options:

DEN (-5) @ JAC.... I feel like the Jags are going to upset somebody soon. Will this be the week?

SD (-4) vs TB.... Two of the most unpredictable teams in the NFL, in my opinion. Staying away for now.

ATL (-3.5) vs KC.... I have a real hard time picking against a team who has won 18 of their past 21, no matter who/where they are playing. Yet, I feel KC will have a tough time scoring with Atlanta.

DAL (-3.5) @ MIN.... If I pick against MIN, they're bound to win, right? :thinking:

BAL (-3.5) vs MIA..... Have the Ravens had an "easy" win yet this year? Miami is hot as of late.

OAK (-3) vs BUF.... Buffalo scares me, for some reason.

Pretty sure I'm going to change my mind about 78 times this week. :wacko:

Edited by Gopher

I like Denver most, if you still have them available. I don't like Tampa on the long road trip after such an emotional win at home. San Diego is who I'd go with after Denver. Buffalo scares me too, and I don't think you can touch ATL/KC or BAL/MIA. If you don't use Denver this week, you won't have a better week than this down the road (unless you think @ TEN is better than @JAC somehow).

I think this is the week you burn the Patriots. Why?

1. Biggest point spread (-13.5 per the site I'm looking at) of the week, by far.

2. Two tough games following (Baltimore and Denver)

3. Final two games are divisional games (Jets and Miami) which, while they should be wins, are no gimmes

Seattle does look decent this week, but if it were me I'd prefer to hold them for Week 15 facing the Rams at home (when Pats have to travel to Denver - ouch).

In a perfect world where these teams were available, I'd be going:

Week 13 - NEP (vs. LAR)

Week 14 - DET (vs. CHI)

Week 15 - SEA (vs. LAR)

Week 16 - OAK (vs. IND)

Week 17 - PIT (vs. CLE)

And if the Week 14 pick of the Lions scares you off, I guess you could roll Seattle out this week, Patriots week after, and Atlanta (vs. SFO) Week 15.

Edited by darin3

I've burned NE, GB and SEA so I'm deciding between PIT, ATL, NO and SD. Not touching DEN.

I'm leaning SD. TB is traveling cross-country. SD can score at home (21+ in each home game). I'm hoping TB will come down off the high from beating SEA. I'm not thrilled with the choice but the other games seem to have even more reasons not to pick them.

On paper, NO seems like the best pick of those 4 but picking against DET just seems to be asking for it.

On paper, NO seems like the best pick of those 4 but picking against DET just seems to be asking for it.

Just saw something that I found a bit interesting: DET is 3-17 following Turkey Day games the past 20 years. Obviously this is a better DET team than in recent past, but still interesting.

And in a game that will likely be a shootout... this stat may be key too: NOS has outgained all seven of their opponents since their bye week.