[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Cowboys Giants

HowboutthemCowboys

Romo would have won that game walking away. You know it, I know it, the American people know it. He needs to be back in the saddle.

I didn't want to say it but I thought the same thing. Romo eats the Giants D alive for being blitz happy. Dak never figured out where to go hot. I need to watch the coaches film but you can't tell me there wasn't dump offs or underneath plays to be made with all the singled up coverage and zero blitzes. I have to think Romo makes them pay and at least puts some more points on the board.

I'm not too concerned though. Giants stadium, 30 degrees, wet slushy ball and field, defenses played lights out and they made one more play then we did. Now if we let the Bucs or Lions play us like that, then I will get nervous. The Giants always play us tough.

I was very impressed by both defenses though. That was one hell of a slug fest. Again congrats to the Gmen and their fans. You earned that W big time. I don't think anyone wants to see the Giants D in the playoffs.

The Giants may fail because they have no running game and Eli makes way too many mistakes. If he can play mistake free they could be the kind of team they were when they won it all but not the way Eli keeps turning the ball over. He should have had 2 more picks tonight for a total of 5 but Church dropped an easy one as did Durant. Carr dropped one too.

Edited by Cowboyz1

Lots to think about...

Yep the thing that has me thinking is how will Dak respond. He's had wide open looks for a lot of plays and only had to make a few tight throws a game. Now that he will face teams that don't give you open looks very often does he have the ability to put the ball in tight spots time after time after time, without a bunch of picks. Romo made plays when the receiver was covered many times which also gives defenders chances to make plays but that is what it takes to beat good defenses. What makes Brady so good is he makes the easy throws and also throws receivers open in very tight windows time and again. You have to be able to do that in big games. Dez would still be running if that throw that was knocked down by Jenkins on 3rd and 11 late in the forth was high and out in front of Dez. Dak missed a bunch of throws today. I am sure the cold and wet had something to do with it but playing well in all weather is what separates the Greats from the Goods.

I'm also a bit concerned about his pocket presence. He doesn't seem to feel where the pressure is or should be coming from. Seems to get surprised by hits that will cause fumbles more often than not. I know he's young and maybe I'm expecting too much from the rookie. He's still got a lot to learn.

• Like 1

The last thing we need right now is a QB controversy. This is Dak's team now. He led this team to 11 wins. The Giants defense/secondary played lights out. This loss may have actually been a blessing in disguise IMO, as I think we needed this wake-up call before the play-offs. ...time to regroup and refocus. This team has some major challenges ahead. And no more partying, Dak and Zeke!!!

The last thing we need right now is a QB controversy. This is Dak's team now. He led this team to 11 wins. The Giants defense/secondary played lights out. This loss may have actually been a blessing in disguise IMO, as I think we needed this wake-up call before the play-offs. ...time to regroup and refocus. This team has some major challenges ahead. And no more partying, Dak and Zeke!!!

I agree about a loss being a wake up call and can refocus the team but loses tell you something. The say you aren't good enough at some aspect of your game. Today it was QB play. The defense played as good as the Giants did. The difference was a field goal that bounced off the crossbar. All the stats were almost identical. Total yards, turnovers, Time of Pos, rushing, passing.

Games like this come down to making plays and both teams made one big play and nothing else. In order to win a game like that you can't have your star WR fumble period.

I agree this is Dak's team but we may have to pay this year for his experience or lack there of. We'll see but I am afraid he may have topped out now that the games have gotten bigger and the desperation of professional teams takes the level of play up and the windows for fitting passes become smaller.

Edited by Cowboyz1

The reality is that the Cowboys are still 11-2 with their best record in 20 or 30 years. Dak is a rookie albeit a pretty good one. Better to lose one now than later. After waiting about 23 years since the last success, I'm thinking that they lost one game by 3 points is not that big of a deal. I was amazed the DAL defense held them to only 10 points. That probably wins 95% of your games.

Congrats Wpob. You earned that win for sure. Maybe we will see you again.

It is a big win for sure. But I would much rather be where you are in the standings.

Would love to see Part 3 in the playoffs. Hopefully the Giants can hold up there end.

I'm thinking that they lost one game by 3 points is not that big of a deal. I was amazed the DAL defense held them to only 10 points. That probably wins 95% of your games.

I thought the same thing. Everyone is talking about the GIants defense. The Cowboys shut down the little running game we had, and with the exception of a 60+ yard slat route, they probably win this game. The Giants defense was outstanding. The Cowboys defense was as equally outstanding. I look for the Cowboys to regroup and rebound strongly the next three games and wrap up the #1 seed and make everyone come through Big D.

The only concern for Cowboys fans from what I can see is how Dak does come playoff time playing as the favorite. Round two could potentially be against the Giants and then either Green Bay or Seattle in the conference finals. All three have playoff tested QBs.

Can't wait to see how this all plays out.

I thought the same thing. Everyone is talking about the GIants defense. The Cowboys shut down the little running game we had, and with the exception of a 60+ yard slat route, they probably win this game. The Giants defense was outstanding. The Cowboys defense was as equally outstanding. I look for the Cowboys to regroup and rebound strongly the next three games and wrap up the #1 seed and make everyone come through Big D.

The only concern for Cowboys fans from what I can see is how Dak does come playoff time playing as the favorite. Round two could potentially be against the Giants and then either Green Bay or Seattle in the conference finals. All three have playoff tested QBs.

Can't wait to see how this all plays out.

Yep, that was a defensive exhibition from both teams. If not for a doink off the crossbar this game would have been headed to overtime.

My fear is we play Dak and we end up sacrificing a great year for the sake of giving Dak the experience he needs to be successful in the future. Now that may be the best thing because we will have him for the next several years but winning a SB is one of the hardest things in sports to achieve and there is a reason rookies have never been able to do it. I truly believe Romo could and would get to and win the Superbowl with this team, this year. Although Dak has played brilliantly all year, like I said earlier, not sure he is ready for the step up in level of play that playoff teams play at come tournament time.

I seriously hope the coaches don't have any issues with playing Romo if and when they see Dak is over his head. Maybe he is ready and will be the first to pull it off but I fear the decision has already been made to roll with Dak regardless. I sure hope the kid is ready because this is the best season we have had ever and the best possible position heading into the playoffs you can be. Letting it slip by because they don't want to hurt the kids feelings would be a sad way to go down.

I guess I can't worry about that and just enjoy the magical season no matter how it ends. It just kills me, like Jerry to know you have a seasoned QB that has paid his dues and would no doubt be ready to play championship football.

Edited by Cowboyz1

If Dak struggles against Tampa Bay and they lose, I could see the coaches perhaps going to Romo. I agree with you, the Super Bowl is the top priority. If Dak struggles, do not lose sight of the prize in the short term for the potential of long term gain. A lot can change in a year.

If they get back on track at home against Tampa, the Romo calls will die down.

As a season goes on, the wrinkles become less and tendencies are exposed. NyG is not a team I would want to face with their DL. It will seriously stress and reveal checkdowns.

If that was a win or go home game, I am expecting you would see 50+ rushing yards from Dak. If that was Romo, he could break.

Edited by gilthorp
  • Like 1

I've said it before this loss. As great as Dak has been and as much as he has earned the spot, he just doesn't stretch the field .A long pass from Dak is an event where it was commonplace with Romo. Such an odd spot to be in. I feel Dak earned his spot yet I believe we have a better chance with Romo. When you get to the playoffs, there will be teams that can just flat out score against you. I dont see Dak as the type of guy that can hang in a shootout . We just dont have a good fairly deep to deep passing games and I think that is crucial to succeed

I've said it before this loss. As great as Dak has been and as much as he has earned the spot, he just doesn't stretch the field .A long pass from Dak is an event where it was commonplace with Romo. Such an odd spot to be in. I feel Dak earned his spot yet I believe we have a better chance with Romo. When you get to the playoffs, there will be teams that can just flat out score against you. I dont see Dak as the type of guy that can hang in a shootout . We just dont have a good fairly deep to deep passing games and I think that is crucial to succeed

Yep. Tony knows before the snap where he could go, might go, and will go if the defense does this or that and he can get it there. Dak may have just had a couple growing pains and will be fine but if not, Romo is the guy that can get the job done and make defenses pay for blitzing. Romo is as smart a QB as they come and it took him what, 11 years to play like 2014. Dak is our future but the now may need a veteran.

After watching the game again, I am far more optumistic about the Cowboys. Both QB's were throwing a wet, cold slick ball. It didn't come out very good for either team. The defenses played awesome. Very happy with the play of our D. It was an even game save a 55 yard FG that bounced off the crossbar.

The field was very slick which made it difficult for both teams to cut at the skill positions. Some untimely penalties stopped 3 of our drives and 3 of the Giants drives were stopped by Lee.

That was one hell of a game but the bottom line is this. We need to win 1 game of the next 3 to be in the same position we would have been in had we of won last night. Dak will be fine so long as the game is played in decent weather which will happen since the Cowboys will own home field.

Congrats to the Giants for playing one hell of a game they had to win.

Go Cowboys.

Can you analyze it one more time I don't understand

No problem. The horse has been severely beaten to a bloody pulp but if you insist. :shrug:

1 win and it's home field throughout the entirety of the playoffs. :D

Edited by Cowboyz1

The Cowboys are soooo undependable. The only game I root for them all year and the lose. A Giants lose would have helped the Redskins in the playoff race. Well, at least the Cowboy fans in the office will be quiet today. LOL

LMAO! Yup, you said it...when you want 'em to lose and they win...when you NEED 'em to win and they friggin' LOSE!!!

Edited by the outlaw

1 win and it's home field throughout the entirety of the playoffs. :D

NOPE a win alone this weekend isn't enough.

I have a scenario (link below ESPN playoff machine) that shows it

- DAL win against TB this weekend, losses against DET & PHI

- Giants winning out

- results in DAL & NYG tied at 12-4 and the Giants win the division on H2H tie breaker,

- Cowboys get the 5th seed as the best wild card.

http://SPAM.com/h2yujx2

The official word from the NFL...

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000756387/article/week-15-playoff-scenarios

DALLAS COWBOYS

Dallas clinches division title and a first-round bye:

1) DAL win + NYG loss or tie

2) DAL tie + NYG loss

Dallas clinches homefield advantage throughout NFC playoffs:

1) DAL win + NYG/DET tie

• Like 1