[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Adios Jeff Fisher!

darin3

Rams better start winning soon, some reports I read were already talking about poor attendance for this train wreck team. People in LA will find other things to do, its not like CLE or GB where going to NFL games is an event people plan around.

Yeah, the pictures from the Falcons game was an absolute JOKE. Half the seats were empty in the coliseum, and the other half were filled by Falcons fans. No idea why they think building a shiny, new stadium with their current team will attract the amount of people they'll need..

There's alot financially riding on their decision to go to LA - I don't say this lightly but they need a big splash coach hire to right the ship and actually try and capture some of the huge market they have access to. I'm talking Bill Cowher-level talent, if not Bill Cowher himself. This isn't Cleveland or Jacksonville where you can be mediocre for years and and just keep on keepin' on.

Their owner does not have the football smarts or instincts to improve this situation on his own.

ETA oh and Jeff Fisher sucks.

Edited by stethant

Wonder if Coughlin is bored spending his twilight years sipping pina coladas on the beach?

He's working for the NFL now, saw something about it during a game once this year. Here's more info.

.http://nypost.com/2016/08/01/tom-coughlins-nebulous-nfl-job-head-coach-of-everyone/

Hearing a lot of Jim Harbaugh rumors here in BIG10 country. Rams could use a big splash of a coach, but they need to win more than they need flash (though the flash may be enough for a year or two).

I wouldn't be surprised to see them hire some newcomer (never been NFL HC) and if that fails in 2 years they go after a big name.

I just find it amusing how much LA had to have a team, now the NFL needed it, how the fans wanted it, how the return of the Rams was a perfect storm. Now after 3/4 of a crappy season the fans are already not attending and there is talk of "better start winning before we lose the fans".

• Like 3

When Fisher coached the Titans , at one time oranother he had McNair, Eddy George, and Chris Johnson, but I can't think of any great WR's he's ever had. Has he just always been bad when it comes to recognizing WR talent?

Edited by Scorcher

One thing I noticed aboutZFisher when he was with the Rams in St Louis is that most of the time when it was 4th down and he had an easy field goal he would go for the conversion 9 times out of 10 and not get it 9 times out of 10. I noticed this because I had Legatron on my FF team. Most of those games were lost by 3 or 6 points. He left FG points on the field all the time: just bad play calling.

Edited by Scorcher

I just don't seem them as realistic options, so a coup doesn't fit. Their names keep getting thrown out each year, but that is all we hear, not even an interview.

Mmkay, we can file this under "you'll believe it when you see it", kinda like the Rams moving to LA in the first place, yeah?

• Like 1

Don't think he intends to go back to coaching, just like Cowher Dungy and all the others.

That's what I thought also but am hearing he's more possible than I had previously believed. I still don't think he ends up being the guy but you never know.

That's what I thought also but am hearing he's more possible than I had previously believed. I still don't think he ends up being the guy but you never know.

Gruden absolutely gushed over Goff in his "Gruden NFL Camp" bit they do on ESPN. If there's ever a chance for him to come back down from the booth this has to be it.

I'd say it's less than a 50% chance, but that's the largest that number's been since he left the coaching ranks.

• Like 2

Gruden absolutely gushed over Goff in his "Gruden NFL Camp" bit they do on ESPN. If there's ever a chance for him to come back down from the booth this has to be it.

I'd say it's less than a 50% chance, but that's the largest that number's been since he left the coaching ranks.

But wait!!! Steve thinks no way that happens...What now????!

Any rams fans here?

Sorry, but you'll be getting Josh McDaniels

He may be the favorite now, but personally I can't stand him. He's a mess as a HC. I think he should stay in NE and wait to inherit the thrown from BB.

They will throw a ton of money at Gruden to entice him to come back. As it stands now, he's signed through 2021 at ESPN and is the highest paid their at $7M per. I bet he offers to pay that as well.

Edited by tazinib1