[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Russell Wilson tonight

aruss

I had him in several leagues this year, and I'm only alive in one of those leagues this week. That, by itself, is a pretty telling statement. For whatever reason, on several occasions, Wilson didn't meet expectations on weeks where the consensus was that he should do well. Some of it was the O-Line, but some of it was on him as well. Last week was a prime example.

I'm starting Dalton over him this week. Not because I expect Dalton to have a great game, but because I think he's got a higher floor than Wilson. As bad as the Rams are, their defense is pretty decent, and I have no idea what to expect from SEA. It could be a blowout, or it could be a game that they win, but not convincingly (like 13-3).

I think Dalton will have to get the passing game going to beat the Steelers, something I'm sure Cincy would love to do. I'm thinking 225 yards and a TD or two, minimum.

What are your other options?

The Rams have beat SEA three straight times. I don't expect them to make it four, but that's just another reason not to assume that tonight will be a blowout, or a high-scoring game for Wilson and company. If it gets out of hand, I think it will be because of the SEA defense (or the inept LA offense), not the other way around.

What are your other options?

Mariota on the bench, Siemian on the waiver wire. I think I am going to plug Siemian because of the floor concept you mentioned. I feel like he is a safer play at home. Wilson has just produced too many duds this year to be trusted at this critical stage.

I agree Wilson could have a great game. He could also potentially have 0 TDS and SEA still win (fairly likely scenario as we have both seen this year)

This game has all the markings of another giant Thursday night turd. I have no shares of either team so : all cards on the table ... it's giving me the vibes of a super yawn fest.

I heard on Cowherd or some other show today that the penalties are lower and QB ratings are higher on TNF than average. Not sure how useful that may be, 'cuz you're right... overall these games have been crappy.

But I think Wilson has a big game. The Rams have had their number. Interim coach. Seahawks just got blasted by GBP. They are going to want to put on an offensively explosive show at home on national TV.

275/2 with probably 20-25 rushing yards.

I heard on Cowherd or some other show today that the penalties are lower and QB ratings are higher on TNF than average. Not sure how useful that may be, 'cuz you're right... overall these games have been crappy.

But I think Wilson has a big game. The Rams have had their number. Interim coach. Seahawks just got blasted by GBP. They are going to want to put on an offensively explosive show at home on national TV.

275/2 with probably 20-25 rushing yards.

I hope you are right for Doug Baldwin but I just dropped him bc he is too unreliable

I ended up starting Wilson at the last minute (over Dalton), only because I liked the upside, and felt like I needed the points that he MIGHT bring. In other words, I think my opponent has the slightly stronger lineup, so a boom or bust option in Wilson made more sense than the safer play (which was Dalton). I still maintain that Dalton was the less likely of the two to have a "bust" week.

Sure, it's easy to say in hindsight that Wilson was a "lock" to get 250/2 (or in this case, 225/3), but do you know how many times I heard that exact thing this year, only to be disappointed by a result that was less than expected? Too many times. Wilson had five weeks with ZERO TD's, and another five weeks with just one TD. Even including last night, he's only had multiple TD's (running and passing combined) four times this year.

Games where he was projected in the top 10, and didn't come close:

MIA

@ LA

SF

ATL

@ NO

@ TB

CAR

@ GB

Half of those, he was projected in the top 3-5 QB's, depending on where you look. So, yeah, for me, it was certainly no lock that he did well last night, especially against a team that has SEA's number recently. But, I took a chance that he would buck the trend, and it seems to have paid off.

• Like 1

I ended up starting Wilson at the last minute (over Dalton), only because I liked the upside, and felt like I needed the points that he MIGHT bring. In other words, I think my opponent has the slightly stronger lineup, so a boom or bust option in Wilson made more sense than the safer play (which was Dalton). I still maintain that Dalton was the less likely of the two to have a "bust" week.

Sure, it's easy to say in hindsight that Wilson was a "lock" to get 250/2 (or in this case, 225/3), but do you know how many times I heard that exact thing this year, only to be disappointed by a result that was less than expected? Too many times. Wilson had five weeks with ZERO TD's, and another five weeks with just one TD. Even including last night, he's only had multiple TD's (running and passing combined) four times this year.

Games where he was projected in the top 10, and didn't come close:

MIA

@ LA

SF

ATL

@ NO

@ TB

CAR

@ GB

Half of those, he was projected in the top 3-5 QB's, depending on where you look. So, yeah, for me, it was certainly no lock that he did well last night, especially against a team that has SEA's number recently. But, I took a chance that he would buck the trend, and it seems to have paid off.

I was definitely wrong with this, glad he worked out for you. I agree with your analysis above. Couldn't stomach another dud from him at this juncture. Not too confident in my replacement. hindsight 20/20