[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Offered to split championship pot. (((WHIR)))

matmoe3

Winner gets 750 and second gets 325. Guy text me to split it down the middle, I am tempted based on match ups this week. What are yall's thoughts on splitting pots? Check teams below.

WHIR

My team- 10 man PPR

qb- Cousins

rb1- Bell

rb2- Gore

wr1- OBJ

wr2- Fitzgerald

wr3- Crowder

flex- Martin

te- Ertz

k- Bryant

def- Buffalo

His team

qb- luck

rb1- elliot

rb2- howard

wr1- crabtree

wr2- cooks

wr3- landry

flex- aj green

te-eifert

k- forbath

def- arizona

I split as often as I can, with there being so much luck in this game, injuries, bad weather spots this time of year, it just makes sense to me.

I am in 4 title games out of 10 leagues I was in, made the playoffs in 9 out of 10 and I'm splitting the monies for 1st and 2nd place in all 4 leagues.

Edited by irish

On one hand you can still win the title either way with less risk of losing money. But personally, I'm all or nothing. I've split in poker many times but not in fantasy football.

Fee was 125. Just squeaked into the playoffs and pass the first round, other guy has been rolling. I see me getting an L.

Sounds like he has the dominant team, so why would he make the offer to split?

I don't think we'd ever had owners split in our league, 1st = 385 2nd = 210 (entry is $70) which are much closer than yours, so I can see why it would be considered.

Winner gets 750 and second gets 325. Guy text me to split it down the middle, I am tempted based on match ups this week. What are yall's thoughts on splitting pots? Check teams below.

WHIR

My team- 10 man PPR

qb- Cousins

rb1- Bell

rb2- Gore

wr1- OBJ

wr2- Fitzgerald

wr3- Crowder

flex- Martin

te- Ertz

k- Bryant

def- Buffalo

His team

qb- luck

rb1- elliot

rb2- howard

wr1- crabtree

wr2- cooks

wr3- landry

flex- aj green

te-eifert

k- forbath

def- arizona

QB - wash. Both Luck and Cousins should put up decent numbers

RB1 - wash. Both Bell and Elliott should be considered top-end RBs in PPR formats this week.

RB2 - wash. Gore has had TDs vultured but has the better matchup than Howard.

WR1 - OBJ by a mile. Crabtree has been hot-and-cold and is nursing a couple minor-yet-nagging-injuries

WR2 - Cooks by a nose. Fitz has been good vs. SEA and Cooks has been hot-and-cold.

WR3 - wash. Both are PPR gold. Maybe ever-so-slight lean to Landry but not enough to pick one over the other.

Flex - wash. Martin was held in check this past week, but better matchup this week. Do you trust Green coming back from injury against the Texans? I don't.

TE - wash. Both should be good TE picks this week. I may even lean Ertz a little.

PK / DEF - washes.

There's no way in hell I'd take the split. The only way I'd take a split is if my team was riddled with injuries and/or my opponent was the clear favorite. In this case, it's close enough to risk it. Why even play fantasy football if you're going to just give up at the end?

OP, why would you let Huddlers inside your brain? :lol:

There are pros and cons to both. And you will still be playing for the championship. In one of my leagues, besides the pot, the winner also gets to pick their draft spot next season.

Edited by Shaft

I had the same offer made to me this morning, regarding a 750/350, 1st/2nd place. Hell, we both guarantee ourselves $550 in a $100 entry league, but the game will still be played to decide the champion. Winning the championship is more important to me than how much I win (just as long as I win some moolah!).

It's up to you, but if the championship is what means most, then by all means, win the championship! It's pretty much independent of what deal you made regarding the coin.

I have done it. But 60/40 split

Winner gets 60 percent of pot and loser gets 40. I am thinking of offering it to my opponent this week as $3300 in play but his line up is stronger ( thanks to Gordon and Reed injuries for me ) and I don't believe he will take it. May just let it fly