[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What to do with Zeke?

oG1KeNoBi

With the Giants loss, the Cowboys have clinched. This means that Zeke will probably not play the whole game. It's possible he only plays a quarter or two. Do you think McFadden is the better start as far as FF is concerned?

I think they'll get around the same amount of snaps, with McFadden possibly edging him out in this game.

Anyone other than the Dallas staff that tells you what's going to happen is guessing, obviously.

My guess is he plays his normal, or very close to normal amount of snaps this week. Next week....Probably a different story

Appreciate it. It's possible I start both but highly unlikely. I'll just have to pay close attention until game time I guess.

Appreciate it. It's possible I start both but highly unlikely. I'll just have to pay close attention until game time I guess.

fwiw, if I owned both I'd be starting Elliott this week without hesitation, and there's no way Id play McFadden unless I had no other options.

Unless there's word out of Dallas that they're going to definitely rest the starters this week but there's no way on God's green earth that that happens imo

• Like 1

good call..He only put up 22 in a ppr

He had about half his normal workload (averaged almost 23 rush/game going into week 16), so soxbandit was right about expecting a reduced workload. Didn't see him saying to bench him or start McFadden.

Not sure why people thought the rushing record was a big factor, he needed a huge number to get it and was not likely to play all game or a full game (if any) in week 17). He's now about 170 short and won't do it.

ETA Jerry Jones says Zeke still has a chance to break that record :crazy:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000764796/article/jerry-jones-ezekiel-elliott-still-has-a-shot-at-dickerson

Edited by stevegrab

He had about half his normal workload (averaged almost 23 rush/game going into week 16), so soxbandit was right about expecting a reduced workload. Didn't see him saying to bench him or start McFadden.

Not sure why people thought the rushing record was a big factor, he needed a huge number to get it and was not likely to play all game or a full game (if any) in week 17). He's now about 170 short and won't do it.

ETA Jerry Jones says Zeke still has a chance to break that record :crazy:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000764796/article/jerry-jones-ezekiel-elliott-still-has-a-shot-at-dickerson

Thanks. I am not sure why some people here have a tough time admitting when another poster is right.

The conversation was never about how many fantasy points he was going to score. It was about his workload. I even said I wouldn't bench him, just temper expectations. Had he received his normal workload, he would have rushed for 150-170 and perhaps another TD or two. Many were probably holding out hope for a Leveon Bell/Devonte Freeman type week where he single-handedly won teams fantasy championships.

It was pretty clear when the Giants lost that the Cowboys weren't going to use Elliot in that manner.

I read an article on CBS Sports where Jones was quoted as saying that he wants Prescott to play week 17, because it will help with his learning curve. All the playing time he can get will add to his experience and keep him sharp and learning in preparation for the playoffs. Even though Jerry Jones said it, it makes a lot of sense to me. I think the same theory will apply to Elliott. Both these guys are rookies and despite their performances they experience and learn new things each time they play. If you are worried about Elliott playing a full game, look at your other choices and decide whether or not Elliott can do more in half a game than your other choices can do playing 4 quarters..

• Like 1