[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Josh Doctson's future?

Bronco Steve_85

With Pierre Garçon and Desean Jackson headed to FA what do y'all think his role will be next year? Are you think Crowder slides in as the "#1 WR" or Doctson could occupy that role... I mean in college it seemed like he was primarily a deep threat.... I'm thinking that translates over well inside the Redskins offense with Cousins

Yeah I have high hopes for him, as I did this season but injuries happen. I believe Pierre will be resigned. He just has that toughness (blocking, going across the middle, + more) that are hard to come by. I want to resign Jackson but I just don't know if we can afford what other teams will pay for him since we need to sign Cousins to a long term deal. Crowder needs to be resigned as well as he has additional special teams skills.

With Pierre Garçon and Desean Jackson headed to FA what do y'all think his role will be next year? Are you think Crowder slides in as the "#1 WR" or Doctson could occupy that role... I mean in college it seemed like he was primarily a deep threat.... I'm thinking that translates over well inside the Redskins offense with Cousins

Crowder does not fit the profile as a "#1 WR". If D-Jax and Garcon exit, I would see Docton having a much more expanded role, obviously..... and that is, if he can stay healthy.

I own Doctson in a dynasty league and have high hopes for him. He's got more "#1 WR measurables" than Crowder. At some point I guess the trajectory would be Doctson being the #1 and Crowder the #2.

I was very high on Doctson and to my knowledge he did not have any injury issues in college. He has a great set of intangibles. Hopefully he won't turn into another Kevin White. I too own him on my dynasty league and hope for something good next year. I think Garcon is gone for sure but they at least want to resign Jackson. There will be room for Doctson.

I was very high on Doctson and to my knowledge he did not have any injury issues in college. He has a great set of intangibles. Hopefully he won't turn into another Kevin White. I too own him on my dynasty league and hope for something good next year. I think Garcon is gone for sure but they at least want to resign Jackson. There will be room for Doctson.

Unless my source(s) are incorrect, Docston had a fracture in his hand that required surgery in 2015. Then fractured his wrist that same season that kept him out 3 games. Then the Achilles this year.

I think the team may keep all of them around. Garcon should be cheap.

I'm in a 14 team auction keeper league with a $125 salary cap... we can keep up to 4 players every year.... but the only players we can keep are players that were drafted because the value they are drafted at stays with them until they are put up for auction again... for example I drafted Tony Romo for $1 the year he replaced Drew Bledsoe... so I owned Romo all the way up until last season when I released him and put him back up for auction... their value goes up 10%(or at least a dollar) each season after keeping them for 2 consecutive seasons so Romo was at $7 or $8 when I threw him back... The only 2 players I have decided on so far are Lamar Miller at $6 and Michael Thomas at $10 (I made the mistake of talking to another guy about how much I liked Michael Thomas and what I thought he could do so that guy bid me all the way up to $10 and I was hoping to get him around $5).... the rest are Paul Perkins $3, Jordan Reed $10, Allen Robinson $3, DeVantae Parker $11, Donte Moncrief $6, Ladarius Green $1, Thomas Rawls $17, CJ Anderson $20 and Josh Doctson $1... I'm thinking about putting Doctson in as my 3rd guy and then deciding between the others for that 4th spot... I know Reed looks like he should be in there forsure but I hate starting 2 players from the same team and if Doctson can really be a "#1 WR" then I don't want Reed

Crowder is a slot receiver