Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
LordOpie

dynasty outlook and projections

8 posts in this topic

who do you have as a solid prospect that might be a buy low? Someone who over-achieved and is a sell high?

SELL HIGH

I'm going to start off with a (probably crazy) bold prediction...

• Tyreek Hill ... I think he will be way overvalued next off-season and a good prospect to bundle with another prospect or a dynasty/rookie 1st round pick to try to land a better player. A 2-for-1 kinda thing.
  • Devonta Freeman ... if you can get top 10 value for him, take it. Unless you also have Tevin Coleman on your roster, then keep both.
  • David Johnson ... I'm not saying he's not good, but if you have someone willing to pay #1 RB price, take it.

BUY LOW

• TB QB Mike Glennon... if your league is deep enough, he's a great addition now or as soon as your next FA period opens.
  • Lamar Miller
  • Bilal Powell
  • Doug Martin
  • DeAndre Hopkins
  • Kenny Britt
  • SEA WR Paul Richardson ... maybe a homer pick since he played college here

UNSURE

What's the value on these guys:

• WAS RB Rob Kelley.
  • MIN WR Adam Theilen

Who's on your radar for buy/sell?

I would need nude pics of someones hot wife to even consider moving Johnson. Dude is a beast

5 people like this

I wouldn't give up Johnson either

1 person likes this

I wouldn't give up Johnson either

The player ?

1 person likes this

SELL HIGH

I'm going to start off with a (probably crazy) bold prediction...

• David Johnson ... I'm not saying he's not good, but if you have someone willing to pay #1 RB price, take it.

What exactly would be #1 RB compensation IYO?

3 people like this

What exactly would be #1 RB compensation IYO?

I'm also curious.

2 people like this

Guessing Opie is still calculating what insane amount would equal David Johnson's value... ;)

In the meantime, I'm seeing Todd Gurley ranked as either the 3rd or 4th RB on most redraft and dynasty boards...guess I'm not understanding all the love for him as he started facing those 8-9 man fronts after 6-7 games in his first season, and then he killed quite a few fantasy teams this past season.  Granted it's early and we won't get much sense of the Ram's offensive line and skill positions until the rookie draft and training camp, but I would be hard pressed to take him over someone like Bell, Gordon, Howard, Freeman, etc...all of those RBs that I would clearly grab in the first round before Gurley.  I might even have trouble pulling the trigger on him in the 2nd, depending on who was still on the board.  

UPDATE:  Went out and looked at more redraft and dynasty boards, and it appears that Gurley is currently averaging around the 9-10 spot in redrafts and a little higher in dynasty/keeper formats.  In most redrafts he's definitely behind DJ, Zeke, Bell, Freeman, Gordon, Murray, McCoy and Howard in almost anything I saw, and then he went in a grab bag grouped with Miller and Ajayi (even Hyde) mid-to-late 2nd round.  Think that's a bit more realistic JMHO.

Edited by ABearWithFurniture
Proofing myself...
1 person likes this