Boyce

Rule Change #1 - Opening the offseason earlier - PASSED

39 posts in this topic

Need to have a vote on opening the offseason earlier. Cuts can be done right after SB and trading would open for that team after the cut period. Only teams paid for that year would be able to start the offseason.

I'm new and don't really know enough one way or the other. If trading only opens up for certain teams, won't this put new owners your bringing in even more behind the 8 ball from the jump?

Also can some one explain the benefit of cutting anyone right after the SuperBowl? Short of them being dead or not in the league, I'm not getting it.

Is this just for trading or are there waiver runs also involved in this?

just cuts and trading.

I'm fine with it

I'm new and don't really know enough one way or the other. If trading only opens up for certain teams, won't this put new owners your bringing in even more behind the 8 ball from the jump?

Also can some one explain the benefit of cutting anyone right after the SuperBowl? Short of them being dead or not in the league, I'm not getting it.

During the season if you cut someone the current year of the contract still counts against your salary cap. After the SuperBowl there is a period where you can cut them without penalty.

Edited by Bearcat

Jets abstain. As an owner I am fine with it. As commish, I like the downtime :).

dont mind the idea of the trading opening earlier, but agree that it puts new owners at a disadvantage. can we open trading, but put in place something that says all trading and waivers are put on hold when/if there is an open team until it is filled.

That sounds fair. That will be put in the wording of the new rule.

Yes--good idea

I'm voting no due to the disadvantage for new owners and our commission need a break.

Baltimore votes yes but I think open it after the Superbowl in NFL it gives a little break from the league for a little while but I'm okay either way