[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Adrian Peterson... Next stop

dfv87

IN espn interview AP talked about 3 possible locations to land next year... As a MN fan it will be hard to see him go as he has meant a lot to this team (but he cannot be paid $18MM next year...)

SO the mentioned options were Giants, Bucs and Texans...

Bucs are up and coming team with good Qb but are they the fit for a runner (that still struggles with blitz pick up) like AP? I say no... especially if Qb gets drilled...

Texans... I see this as a possible fit with that strong Def and mid level QB but would the fan base want another aging RB with injury issues last year... But he is a Tx guy so maybe.

Giants... Bright lights big city, QB that would use the running game, great receivers, good Def... I see this as an option for him... IMO the best fit of those 3... Of course if he misses a blitz pick up and Eli losses his head from his body then maybe not...

Discuss...

Even if he wants to stay in Minnesota, he has to threaten to leave to maximize the Vikings offer. I think he stays.

This is the correct answer. I'd be shocked if he left. This is just perfect posturing. Let's see, he included a team that's 1) up-and-coming (TBB), 2) bright lights, big city (NYG) and his home state (HOU). Covering all the bases you'd want to cover in order to project the desire to leave.

He's looking for his final payday.

Edited by darin3
  • Like 1

I'm not sure about GB's cap space, but I think that would be an awesome place for him to land. Not the best in run protection, but he's used to having the box stacked against him, while never having the luxury of a threat like A-Rod passing in those situations.

Agree with going to GB might be the best destination for him; good 0-line, and great QB to give him 7-8 men in the box. Wow.

No to the Giants, they have their young RB (Paul Perkins seemed to do better as the year went on), and I can't see him playing there, IMO.

No to Houston, they have a good young RB.

Tampa? As a Buc fan, I was immediately giddy at the thought... but then I thought some more, and I'm not sure. RB is such a fungible position, and this draft is chock full of them.

NO WAY does anyone pay $18M for AP, think it all depends on how much he really wants, and how much he really wants to win over getting another major payday (i.e. Green Bay).

• 2 weeks later...

His 18MM includes a roster bonus due MAr 1 I am pretty sure so it seems automatic that MN will waive him before then. At that point his asking price is not 18 MM and you can guess it is closer to 7-8MM. I hope he stays as a MN fan but not likely from all reports.

IN espn interview AP talked about 3 possible locations to land next year... As a MN fan it will be hard to see him go as he has meant a lot to this team (but he cannot be paid $18MM next year...)

SO the mentioned options were Giants, Bucs and Texans...

Bucs are up and coming team with good Qb but are they the fit for a runner (that still struggles with blitz pick up) like AP? I say no... especially if Qb gets drilled...

Texans... I see this as a possible fit with that strong Def and mid level QB but would the fan base want another aging RB with injury issues last year... But he is a Tx guy so maybe.

Giants... Bright lights big city, QB that would use the running game, great receivers, good Def... I see this as an option for him... IMO the best fit of those 3... Of course if he misses a blitz pick up and Eli losses his head from his body then maybe not...

Discuss...

I'd much rather have Lamar Miller at this point in their careers. Tampa Bay or Giants would be good fits. If he can give them 2 years, then its a lot better than what they have now. Live in Florida instead of Minnesota. I say Tampa Bay is best fit. Doug Martin.. between suspensions, injuries and just plain sucking, will have to be a very expensive #2 RB for the Bucs.

If Doug even stays in Tampa, his guaranteed $7M for next year is null and void. I could see Licht renegotiating the terms into a smaller amount of money, otherwise see ya to the Druggernaut.

Having said that, I'd love to see what Doug can do when he's healthy and not having drug issues, and if he can remain healthy, but not for $7M and the risk of him relapsing and losing $7M.

Covering all the bases you'd want to cover in order to project the desire to leave.

He covered all the bases, by missed covering home plate: a threat to go play for the Packers, which now is an interesting idea since they just cut Starks and are a balanced-offense away from making a serious run.

I hope at least Taz told Stewart in person that they are through. It would be really sad if Stewart had to find out from the internet or the media.

This thread nonetheless.