Sign in to follow this  
stevegrab

Browns sign Jamie Collins to long term contract

Well since we're in off-season mode in the CLE (since about October 1) I'm happy to announce the Browns signed pendiong free agent Jamie Collins, had to overpay a bit, but they have plenty of cap space, need defensive players and it should be a good sign to other players they look to retain (Pryor, Bitonio) or acquire once open bidding starts.

$50 million over 4 years, $26M guaranteed - full details not published yet, checked spotrac.com

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2017/01/jamie_collins_new_deal.html#incart_big-photo

They'll probably tag Pryor and see if he can duplicate his success from last year.

• Like 1

that's the word on the street...

• Like 1

"Poor" bastard!

Yes if only he were traded to the Cowboys instead, he would have won a ........ NFC East division ring

• Like 2

Yes if only he were traded to the Cowboys instead, he would have won a ........ NFC East division ring

I just feel bad for the guy...sent from the penthouse to the outhouse. But not too bad, he's getting paid.

• Like 1

I just feel bad for the guy...sent from the penthouse to the outhouse. But not too bad, he's getting paid.

He could have passed on the contract, tested free agency, still got paid very well (maybe better) and been on a better team. Or he could have found out nobody would pay him close to what the Browns offered and end up taking an offer (even from the Browns) for less money.

I don't think Collins signing this week is coincidental. He wanted to save face a little bit since he looks the fool with the Patriots in the Super Bowl. Don't fuque with Belichick. If you mess with the bull, you get the horns.