[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Thoughts on a 20team?

reyrey0552

1. Looking for pros and cons, or opinions about those types of leagues that people have already participated in. With 11man roster sizes. 1qb,2rb,2wr/te,2d-lineman,2lbs,2dbs with 1 injured reserve/taxi squad spot "only" for the QB position. I have had countless discussions about this and yes the Qb issue is indeed an issue but can this work? any thoughts?

2.The thought of a 13man roster [1qb,2rb,2wr/te,1flex-could be rb/wr/te,2dl,2lb,2db and 1 flex for the defense was brought up also. Starting lineups would be 1qb,1rb,1wr/te,1 flex on offense, 1dl,1lb,1db and flex on defense. That would allow individuality and flexibility for owners to build as they see fit. The key are the 2 flex positions and the defense that could make this work. My only concern is 260 players deep? Is that enough?. Are there leagues out there that have long term success in keeping a league this size?. Right now we are a 16 team 12man roster league. And I have to admit our setup is damn near perfect. I am only exploring the possibility of expanding a little to utilize the talent that remains in free agency. Essentially there is enough talent to expand to 20teams, and was simply looking for examples of successful leagues this size.

Right now we are a 16 team 12man roster league. And I have to admit our setup is damn near perfect.

No setup is perfect. But there are plenty of commissioners who believe they have devised the perfect league. All setups have advantages and disadvantages with none being correct or perfect. Personally, I believe a 12 man roster is way too small regardless of league size. A 12 man roster punishes owners who build a team with good depth. And it makes bye weeks excruciating since quality players have to be dropped.

I like the idea of leagues with more owners. The number of players in the NFL who are starter worthy is higher than ever. 10 or 15 years ago several teams would have to start chumps at wide receiver. Now it seems every team has 4-5 starter quality receivers. Even running back is deeper since the stats that a workhorse would have put up are now being split. The depth of 14 or 16 team league of today looks like the depth of a 12 team league from 15 years ago.

Edited by michaelredd9

Didn't say it was perfect, but I do realize that the root of the matter is if we are to expand, can we live with bigger roster sizes and water downed free agency. Again I was merely looking for feedback from people who have been in 20man+ leagues and know the pros and cons.