WW

New Forum Issues

Recommended Posts

WW    14
On 4/11/2017 at 1:09 PM, PlayaHata said:

OK, I'll admit this is kind of an odd one, but it's happened to me multiple times on different computers (both home and work), both using Google Chrome:

 

The scroll wheel suddenly stops working to scroll up and down on our BOTH league forums page.  The scroll function continues to work fine on other tabs and web pages.  I've discovered that if I close the Huddle Forums tab and reopen it, the scroll starts working again.

 

Any ideas?

Not sure about this.  I've personally experienced that kind of Chrome issue with other sites lately, like facebook.  Seems to come and go.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
WW    14
14 hours ago, theeohiostate said:

Public league forums not used last year (or older) were deleted to free up needed space for the forums.  Sorry if this causes any issues, but if a forum isn't being used for over a year it's logical to assume the league no longer exists or no longer needs the forum.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
flemingd    781
18 hours ago, theeohiostate said:

 

It's because The Empire is in Too Many Leagues, Big Time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gopher    395

This may have been asked already, but can thread titles no longer be edited from a mobile device (phone)?  If so, I can't seem to figure out how.  Otherwise, can a user go "full site" mode (rather than mobile mode) like we could pre-upgrade?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
WW    14

Yeah, it was touched on already.  As far as I can tell the only way to update a title is to "click and hold" on the title text, which of course you can't do on a mobile device.  And I haven't found a way to switch to a full site view via mobile.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
nittanylion    8
On 4/20/2017 at 11:14 AM, WW said:

Public league forums not used last year (or older) were deleted to free up needed space for the forums.  Sorry if this causes any issues, but if a forum isn't being used for over a year it's logical to assume the league no longer exists or no longer needs the forum.

 

Oh, Jesus...are these completely gone??? The Forum 'The Dynasty' was the old Forum for what is currently 'The Board Room' as of 2013. We started a new Forum when the other Founder besides myself, left the League, as he was the only Mod, and didn't want to add anyone else as a Mod. Our entire League History dating back to 2001 was in that Forum, including all Aggregate Information (Records, Playoffs, Owner transitions, backstories...every vital piece of historical information for our League) for every Team since our founding. Pages and pages and pages of info and discussions and historical data...and I'm sure I posted in that Forum last year with an update. I'm not understating the importance of the information contained in that Forum when I say that if that's permanently evaporated, we're losing everything that defined out League as itself for it's first 14 or so years. We refer back to that Forum ALL THE TIME. It's crippling.

 

Jesus. If that wasn't backed up somewhere just in case it might be needed, it's like our History Books were burned. I have absolutely no way to recover any of that information myself.

 

Oh, please, please, please say this isn't the case...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
electricrelish    2,111

Unable to follow any threads in Live and Let Dy. Could you please allow me to follow threads?  Also could you check and see if this is just my problem or everyone's in general for that particular forum?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
flemingd    781

Private forums can't be followed after the board upgrade, nor can threads within them.  We removed passwords from a couple of forums so this would be enabled.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
flemingd    781
Posted (edited)
On 4/20/2017 at 11:14 AM, WW said:

Public league forums not used last year (or older) were deleted to free up needed space for the forums.  Sorry if this causes any issues, but if a forum isn't being used for over a year it's logical to assume the league no longer exists or no longer needs the forum.

 

On 4/27/2017 at 1:55 AM, nittanylion said:

 

Oh, Jesus...are these completely gone??? The Forum 'The Dynasty' was the old Forum for what is currently 'The Board Room' as of 2013. We started a new Forum when the other Founder besides myself, left the League, as he was the only Mod, and didn't want to add anyone else as a Mod. Our entire League History dating back to 2001 was in that Forum, including all Aggregate Information (Records, Playoffs, Owner transitions, backstories...every vital piece of historical information for our League) for every Team since our founding. Pages and pages and pages of info and discussions and historical data...and I'm sure I posted in that Forum last year with an update. I'm not understating the importance of the information contained in that Forum when I say that if that's permanently evaporated, we're losing everything that defined out League as itself for it's first 14 or so years. We refer back to that Forum ALL THE TIME. It's crippling.

 

Jesus. If that wasn't backed up somewhere just in case it might be needed, it's like our History Books were burned. I have absolutely no way to recover any of that information myself.

 

Oh, please, please, please say this isn't the case...

 

Yeah, this is a really bad thing to do without some kind of warning before doing it.

Edited by flemingd
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
nittanylion    8
Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, flemingd said:

 

 

Yeah, this is a really bad thing to do without some kind of warning before doing it.

 

Update? Please find my Forum. My guys are gonna either be crushed, or be pissed to high heaven when they find out about this, and I'm the one that's going to have to deal with the fallout, because they can't take their frustrations out on you. This is the kind of event that can absolutely ruin, or at the least, severely devalue the prestige of being a member of an established Dynasty League with a long, and colorful history. When detailed cultural aspects vanish, it's not a reach to say that it can negatively impact motivation and enjoyment, and lead to inactivity and stagnation. Having put years worth of time, energy and effort into the content of that Forum, I'm already crushed and have been feeling gut-punched for the last several days. Please say it isn't so...

 

Please?!?!?!

Edited by nittanylion

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
WW    14

Sorry for the delay on the forum deletion question.  I've been waiting for confirmations from the vendor's support team.  Unfortunately I've checked and double checked with them and there is no way to recover a deleted forum.  So sadly all I can do at this point is apologize.  With the move to the new forum platform we needed badly to free up disc space so the decision was made to delete all old league forums and do some serious pruning of the main Huddle forums.  I am truly sorry this happened to your league's old forum nittanylion, and I understand the negative impact you are stating.  But there's nothing that we can do at this point.  I am truly sorry.

 

Looking forward, our disc space shouldn't be an issue again.  Also, we've been cleaning up the old league forums for years and this is the first time it's ever caused an issue.  So in the future, if we prune old league forums we will try to make an effort to contact the forum's mods prior to deletion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
keggerz    469
On 4/27/2017 at 1:55 AM, nittanylion said:

 

Oh, Jesus...are these completely gone??? The Forum 'The Dynasty' was the old Forum for what is currently 'The Board Room' as of 2013. We started a new Forum when the other Founder besides myself, left the League, as he was the only Mod, and didn't want to add anyone else as a Mod. Our entire League History dating back to 2001 was in that Forum, including all Aggregate Information (Records, Playoffs, Owner transitions, backstories...every vital piece of historical information for our League) for every Team since our founding. Pages and pages and pages of info and discussions and historical data...and I'm sure I posted in that Forum last year with an update. I'm not understating the importance of the information contained in that Forum when I say that if that's permanently evaporated, we're losing everything that defined out League as itself for it's first 14 or so years. We refer back to that Forum ALL THE TIME. It's crippling.

 

Jesus. If that wasn't backed up somewhere just in case it might be needed, it's like our History Books were burned. I have absolutely no way to recover any of that information myself.

 

Oh, please, please, please say this isn't the case...

You can see if you can find what you need using the Way Back Machine. I was able to get to your forum https://web.archive.org/web/20150905205056/http://forums.thehuddle.com/index.php?/forum/48-the-dynasty/

 

Not sure if you'll be able to turn up what you need but if you're going to you're most likely going to need to find a way using the Way Back Machine. 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.