Wolverines Fan

Brock Osweiler traded to Cleveland

Recommended Posts

stevegrab    830

Hmm, what do the Redskins want for Cousins?  I'd rather trade for him than Crapola, and a high draft pick would actually be worth it.

 

Oz, #12 in 2017, the second round pick we got from HOU?  Toss in a few cases of Stadium Mustard?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jamesplante11    164
On ‎3‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 6:12 PM, stevegrab said:

Hmm, what do the Redskins want for Cousins?  I'd rather trade for him than Crapola, and a high draft pick would actually be worth it.

 

Oz, #12 in 2017, the second round pick we got from HOU?  Toss in a few cases of Stadium Mustard?

 

Imagine how Pryor would feel if this happened..."I finally get to play for a QB who gonna air it out to me....wait he got traded to where?!?!?"

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BeeR    161

Looks like they may just eat Osweiler's $.  Well wtf he's still only got one full season under his belt, I wouldn't write him off entirely just yet.  However Kessler looked promising and sure as f wouldn't draft a QB high either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
stevegrab    830
7 hours ago, BeeR said:

Looks like they may just eat Osweiler's $.  Well wtf he's still only got one full season under his belt, I wouldn't write him off entirely just yet.  However Kessler looked promising and sure as f wouldn't draft a QB high either.

 

Curious if you're just posting your opinion now, or read something recently that says they'll keep him?

 

I think they may be leaning that way, and could even do that if they take a QB high (pick # 12 or 33). He or Kessler could be named the starter, and if there's a high pick rookie he can sit all year (hopefully) and be groomed. (Been a while since the Browns didn't use at least 3 QBs in a season.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Big John    598

Osweiler was released by the Browns today.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Shorttynaz    826

And this is why the Browns will always be the Browns. They paid 16 million dollars for a second round pick.  not a player just a pick. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kdko    270
1 hour ago, Shorttynaz said:

And this is why the Browns will always be the Browns. They paid 16 million dollars for a second round pick.  not a player just a pick. 

 

 

They had an insane amount of cap space to burn and traded a 4th round pick for a 2nd round pick.  The money didn't mean anything to them anyway, and if he somehow had a resurgence in camp and won the starting job they'd have a QB.  Otherwise, as they did, dump him and be happy with the pick.  Win/Win situation imo.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LordOpie    1,409
10 hours ago, kdko said:

 

 

They had an insane amount of cap space to burn and traded a 4th round pick for a 2nd round pick.  The money didn't mean anything to them anyway, and if he somehow had a resurgence in camp and won the starting job they'd have a QB.  Otherwise, as they did, dump him and be happy with the pick.  Win/Win situation imo.

but what FA player could they have landed with that $16mil?

who has a link to this year's FA group? What player could they have gotten who received $12-13 million guaranteed? I'm guessing that CLE would've had to have paid a little more guaranteed since they're CLE? And they could've had that proven veteran player now instead of an unknown rookie next year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LordOpie    1,409

as a Broncos fan, I welcome him back with open arms. Without him, we wouldn't have won the superbowl as I doubt we'd have made the playoffs. Also, I think he's way better than most people think.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
loaf    822

he was reliably inaccurate

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kdko    270
12 hours ago, LordOpie said:

but what FA player could they have landed with that $16mil?

who has a link to this year's FA group? What player could they have gotten who received $12-13 million guaranteed? I'm guessing that CLE would've had to have paid a little more guaranteed since they're CLE? And they could've had that proven veteran player now instead of an unknown rookie next year.

 

That's true.  Although they could spend the $16 on Osweiler, and still spend another $12-13 on a FA, they were swimming in that much cap room lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bobby Brown    266
On ‎9‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 10:31 PM, Shorttynaz said:

And this is why the Browns will always be the Browns. They paid 16 million dollars for a second round pick.  not a player just a pick. 

And they had something like 100 million in open cap space and I'd assume not much of a cap hit in following years.  This was certainly almost always the plan no?

 

When you are a billionaire owner why does that matter?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
stevegrab    830
On Sunday, September 03, 2017 at 5:51 AM, Bobby Brown said:

And they had something like 100 million in open cap space and I'd assume not much of a cap hit in following years.  This was certainly almost always the plan no?

 

When you are a billionaire owner why does that matter?

 

Some people cannot see that, and just go along with the "Browns are a horribly run franchise and always will be" line that is heard so often. Its like the burning river people still bring that up thinking its like that.

 

This was definitely part of the plan, give him a chance to contribute, if he cannot do so at a certain level then just let him go. It was an NBA like deal to buy (or trade up for) a 2nd round pick. Now if your feeling is the Browns screw up many of their top picks, hard to argue with that, but jury is still mostly out on the current regime's ability to make draft picks.

 

Was just reading an article asking why they didn't just keep him if they had to pay him anyway, and it mentioend that the Browns never looked at the $16M as Oz salary, it was the cost to get the draft pick.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.