jamesplante11

Marty Bennet to GB

jamesplante11    163
Posted (edited)

Aaron Rodgers gets a new weapon per Adam Schefter, Bennett gets to terrorize the Bears twice a year.

Edited by jamesplante11

Big John    598

To make up for the impending departure of Cook.

jamesplante11    163

1 minute ago, Big John said:

To make up for the impending departure of Cook.

I think I would take that swap any day

• Like 4

Big John    598

Will be interesting to see the details of the contract.

drafter    13

I like it!

DMD    331

I just hope that Rodgers uses him consistently and that he won't have 3 big games and 13 small ones.

CowboysDiehard    318

He'll probably get his revenge on Dallas during whatever round the Packers face them in, so there's that.  :bag:

DMD    331

Rodgers is a good blocker but yeah, seems like overspending on one position.

Big John    598

R Rodgers is a questionable blocker but has good hands so he can be a TE3 in situations.

Big John    598

The Packers just cut him.  Officially for non-disclosure of an injury.  Really he quit on the team starting in the preseason.

• Like 1

LordOpie    1,409
39 minutes ago, Big John said:

The Packers just cut him.  Officially for non-disclosure of an injury.  Really he quit on the team starting in the preseason.

Really he quit on all teams his entire career. I warned years ago that he was more interested in his fashion and music efforts... Which is fine, but these teams are fun for ignoring his lack of dedication. 

I had the same concern with other players, like Sam Bradford who said during the draft period that he wasn't an nfl fan and didn't really watch any team or have any favorite players growing up. 

• Like 2

BeeR    158

Kevin Coster never woulda draft his sorry butt

Big John    598

Back to New England.  They just claimed him off waivers.

LuckyBub    19
17 hours ago, Big John said:

Back to New England.  They just claimed him off waivers.

I guess Bennett got homesick and went back home to Daddy Belichit.

LordOpie    1,409
42 minutes ago, jamesplante11 said:

...NE might IR him

why?

jamesplante11    163
12 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

why?

No clue, according to Rapoport hes going to try and play thru the injury. If he cant the Patriots could just put him on the IR. Its a no risk move for them 

stevegrab    830
1 hour ago, jamesplante11 said:

No clue, according to Rapoport hes going to try and play thru the injury. If he cant the Patriots could just put him on the IR. Its a no risk move for them

Are you thinking Pats IR him with the chance he returns this season, maybe for playoffs?

Is there a reason the Packers wouldn't have put him on IR? Was he cut to not pay his contract?

jamesplante11    163
9 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

Are you thinking Pats IR him with the chance he returns this season, maybe for playoffs?

Is there a reason the Packers wouldn't have put him on IR? Was he cut to not pay his contract?

No one really knows when the injury happened, speculation is before he was signed. If that's the case GB could be going after his signing bonus, or part of it. It probably wouldn't gel well if he's still "on" the team.

• Thanks 1

jamesplante11    163
Just now, jamesplante11 said:

No one really knows when the injury happened, speculation is before he was signed. If that's the case GB could be going after his signing bonus, or part of it. It probably wouldn't gel well if he's still "on" the team.

A little in depth "speculation from a GB fan:

"The guy was hurt BEFORE HE SIGNED. The guy wanted to get paid so he didn't disclose the injury. My guess is the injury wasn't severe enough for him not to play, but the second Rodgers got hurt, Bennett lost all motivation to want to play through it. After Rodgers gets hurt, Bennett brought his injury up to the medical staff, probably claiming that it just happened. The Packers thought otherwise given that his claims were brought up a week after their last practice or game (bye) and after his tweets regarding retirement. The CBA requires players to disclose all injuries to a team, so if Bennett didn't disclose it, the team doctors wouldn't go looking for a rotator cuff issue or order a shoulder MRI during a physical.

Just because he passed their physical doesn't mean squat. Rotator cuff injuries or labrum tears can't always picked up by a physical exam, and a team doctor is not going to order a shoulder MRI for every player he examines for a physical unless the player complains of pain or he has a previous history of a shoulder injury. If he got injured while a Packer and then released, he gets to keep his entire signing bonus. The fact that the Packers have expressed their intent to go after his bonus should tell you that they believe the injury was present before the contract was signed, and he didn't disclose it, making the contract void."

• Like 1