Wolverines Fan

Steelers release Ladarius Green

LordOpie    1,346
On 6/23/2017 at 2:16 PM, LordOpie said:

James owners in dynasty would be wise to sell high right now... before ... they bring in someone else. 

lol

some of you guys think that winning requires you to be smarter than everyone else. FF is no longer about knowing more, it's about managing the info.

tazinib1    862
46 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

lol

some of you guys think that winning requires you to be smarter than everyone else. FF is no longer about knowing more, it's about managing the info.

Careful you don't pat yourself on the back too hard. 

• Like 3

stevegrab    786

Is that what he was doing, because PIT signed Vance McDonald?  I thought he was laughing at himself.

Still not sure how many dynasty teams were holding onto Jesse James and would have been gettting any value trying to unload him.

LordOpie    1,346

Coach Mike Tomlin says the Steelers acquired TE Vance McDonald because the team's existing tight ends weren't "consistently varsity enough."

Intended or otherwise, it's a shot at plodder Jesse James, who can catch the ball and fall, but not do much else. ESPN's Jeremy Fowler believes James could end up splitting starting reps with McDonald, but McDonald's acquisition severely dampens James' low-end TE2 appeal as a potential touchdown scorer. There aren't many formats where he should be rostered.

tazinib1    862
11 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

Coach Mike Tomlin says the Steelers acquired TE Vance McDonald because the team's existing tight ends weren't "consistently varsity enough."

Intended or otherwise, it's a shot at plodder Jesse James, who can catch the ball and fall, but not do much else. ESPN's Jeremy Fowler believes James could end up splitting starting reps with McDonald, but McDonald's acquisition severely dampens James' low-end TE2 appeal as a potential touchdown scorer. There aren't many formats where he should be rostered.

I read that as well. My question is where is Xavier?? 

michaelredd9    747
44 minutes ago, tazinib1 said:

I read that as well. My question is where is Xavier?? 

Sounds like Xavier is on the Junior Varsity squad.  Tight end is so deep I can't imagine drafting a Steeler tight end.  But if Ertz or Bennett or whoever I draft ends up failing or when I need a bye week filler, I'll be keeping an eye on Vance McDonald.  He has some receiving skills and Roethlisberger has the ability to make him fantasy relevant.

• Like 1

boltnlava    97

I ve seen Green play with th SD charrgers....he was a beast ...never got the ball and still worked. Shame he was behind a HOF te cuz it could have been different. Shame really.

kdko    233
2 hours ago, boltnlava said:

I ve seen Green play with th SD charrgers....he was a beast ...never got the ball and still worked. Shame he was behind a HOF te cuz it could have been different. Shame really.

Chargers fan too, and you know the reason he was never on the field, and it had nothing to do with Gates!  The guy was getting concussed in practice left and right and couldn't ever get cleared to play.

boltnlava    97

i hear you yet the the news isn't the same...I suspect your'e right but when I saw him on the field he was the best te on the *cough* la chargers...always working open or blocking;. kind of a kellen winslow jr but with heart.