[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Draft Advice!

mcostley

Okay boys, I'm drafting 6th in a 12 person PPR league and I need some advice! I've been drafting two ways. In the first method, I've been reaching a little and taking Gordon first, and then taking Howard/Lamar Miller/Ajayi in the second round, and then I'll draft two receivers like Crabtree and Edelman, or Fitzgerald and Crabtree, or Crabtree and Baldwin. The second method involves taking OBJ or Evans in the first round, which leaves me ZERO RB1 candidates! I'll then end up with a combination like Lamar Miller and Hyde at RB and Evans and Baldwin at receiver. Which method is the smartest choice? I know in PPR passing up on Evans or OBJ sounds dumb, but after some things that happened last year, passing up on all of the RBs in the top 15 feels scary. Thoughts?

As always, WHIR.

Thanks guys!

First off dont reach, your in the middle of the draft.  Id look to start with a rb and wr after 2 rounds but dont get caught up in who, let the draft come to you, if the talent isnt there, relax and grab an rb in 3 or forth, then look to grab and 2 - 3 rb in the 5-8   Dj zeke odb brown evans jones bell, you will have the choice of 2 of them.

You havent said who you start or roster size so its hard to give solid advice, 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, mcostley said:

Okay boys, I'm drafting 6th in a 12 person PPR league and I need some advice! I've been drafting two ways. In the first method, I've been reaching a little and taking Gordon first, and then taking Howard/Lamar Miller/Ajayi in the second round, and then I'll draft two receivers like Crabtree and Edelman, or Fitzgerald and Crabtree, or Crabtree and Baldwin. The second method involves taking OBJ or Evans in the first round, which leaves me ZERO RB1 candidates! I'll then end up with a combination like Lamar Miller and Hyde at RB and Evans and Baldwin at receiver. Which method is the smartest choice? I know in PPR passing up on Evans or OBJ sounds dumb, but after some things that happened last year, passing up on all of the RBs in the top 15 feels scary. Thoughts?

As always, WHIR.

Thanks guys!

Why do you feel if you took OBJ or Evans at 6 you would have ZERO RB1 candidates available in rd2? 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, GangGreenLantern said:

Why do you feel if you took OBJ or Evans at 6 you would have ZERO RB1 candidates available in rd2? 

GGL, I guess I was just underestimating some guys. Lamar Miller and Gurley I guess are decent RB1 candidates, but by the time it gets to pick 19, then Bell, Zeke, DJ, Shady, Murray, Ajayi, Howard, Gordon, and Freeman are all gone. I guess there are still some decent RBs, but it has just been feeling like all the playmakers are gone.

11 hours ago, millworkguy said:

First off dont reach, your in the middle of the draft.  Id look to start with a rb and wr after 2 rounds but dont get caught up in who, let the draft come to you, if the talent isnt there, relax and grab an rb in 3 or forth, then look to grab and 2 - 3 rb in the 5-8   Dj zeke odb brown evans jones bell, you will have the choice of 2 of them.

You havent said who you start or roster size so its hard to give solid advice, 

Starters include 1 QB, 2 RBs, 2 WRs, 1 TE, 1 Flex, 1 D/ST, and 1 K. Also, we have 7 bench spots.

8 minutes ago, mcostley said:

GGL, I guess I was just underestimating some guys. Lamar Miller and Gurley I guess are decent RB1 candidates, but by the time it gets to pick 19, then Bell, Zeke, DJ, Shady, Murray, Ajayi, Howard, Gordon, and Freeman are all gone. I guess there are still some decent RBs, but it has just been feeling like all the playmakers are gone.

There is always a possibility one of those guys you mentioned also slides due to others taking a WR or 2 early. I will say if this is a league you've been in and have a handle on the other teams drafting tendencies that will be key. 

• Like 1