[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Dynasty Dispersal Draft WHIR 100%

Just took over a team in a dynasty league and I drew the 3rd pick out of 4 teams in the dispersal draft.

Mike Evans and Amari Cooper went 1 & 2. I'm leaning towards A Rob because he seems like the next best player. After him, I'd probably grab either Diggs or Coleman, however I am going to try to trade up to 2nd in the rookie draft to grab either Fournette or Davis. Thoughts on this?

Choice between the following players or rookie draft picks:

A Rodgers

Corey Coleman

Jordy Nelson

Randall Cobb

Jay Ajayi

Jarvis Landry

Donte Moncrief

Lamar Miller

Stefon Diggs

Allen Robinson

Pick 1.04

Update: You must draft a rookie draft pick to have one.

Edited by DeathOnWings

Based off the list above I'd say its probably going to take a year or two to compete.  So I'd probably go 1.04 as its a more flexible asset then the divisive ARob.  Plus if truly after 1.02, you'll have an easier move from 1.04 then from outside the top 5 picks.  Many consider the top 5 interchangeable this year, but typically there is a cliff afterwards (some will say top 6 but Mike Williams has been dropping in value since draft/injury) and rookie fever is very prevalent this year.  So worse comes to worse you don't move up, you can turn around and build around the pick or possibly trade it for quite a bit with someone who's outside the top 5 looking in.   

1 hour ago, Def. said:

Based off the list above I'd say its probably going to take a year or two to compete.  So I'd probably go 1.04 as its a more flexible asset then the divisive ARob.  Plus if truly after 1.02, you'll have an easier move from 1.04 then from outside the top 5 picks.  Many consider the top 5 interchangeable this year, but typically there is a cliff afterwards (some will say top 6 but Mike Williams has been dropping in value since draft/injury) and rookie fever is very prevalent this year.  So worse comes to worse you don't move up, you can turn around and build around the pick or possibly trade it for quite a bit with someone who's outside the top 5 looking in.   

So, do you think I should just stockpile the rookie draft picks rather than take some of these available players? Hard to see myself not grabbing A Rob or Rodgers over a rookie draft pick but maybe I'm looking at this the wrong way...

Without too many details on your league its hard to fully answer.  I'm going to assume that its at least a 12-man PPR dynasty league without IDP, moderate roster sizes/taxi squads (DTS), and typical starting rosters (1QB, 1-2 RB, 2-3 WR, 1-2 TE). 

With that being said, I believe the choice is either ARob or the 1.04.  Just comes down to picking from best WR (ARob) or best RB (CMC, Mixon, Cook) option available as generally they are harder to obtain then the rest.  Unfortunately ARob has taken a considerable hit in value this last year due to performance/team.  And while I'm generally one to heavily favor a veteran WR over a rookie RB because of multiple reasons, in this case you are at a shaky point where it could go either way.  Thus I'd favor taking a chance here because I do not believe you will be able to move ARob for the 1.02 if that is the target.  You should have both better odds and most likely less cost using the 1.04 instead since its still a top 5 pick.  Further, if it doesn't work out most likely someone will probably be willing to part with at least two 1st (17' & 18') or you can use the pick on your choice of CMC, Mixon, or Cook.   

I wouldn't go balls to the wall rookie picks, you should have a nice option after the turn with potentials like Diggs, Coleman, Ajayi, or possibly could go Rodgers if desired/available.  But looking at the the list of players given in the OP, I would look to building for the future because odds are you are not competing this year with the talent in the dispersal draft without giving up moderate amounts of future assets. 

E2A: Just my thoughts, there is nothing wrong going ARob either.  Take it for what its worth...

Edited by Def.

32 minutes ago, Def. said:

Without too many details on your league its hard to fully answer.  I'm going to assume that its at least a 12-man PPR dynasty league without IDP, moderate roster sizes/taxi squads (DTS), and typical starting rosters (1QB, 1-2 RB, 2-3 WR, 1-2 TE). 

With that being said, I believe the choice is either ARob or the 1.04.  Just comes down to picking from best WR (ARob) or best RB (CMC, Mixon, Cook) option available as generally they are harder to obtain then the rest.  Unfortunately ARob has taken a considerable hit in value this last year due to performance/team.  And while I'm generally one to heavily favor a veteran WR over a rookie RB because of multiple reasons, in this case you are at a shaky point where it could go either way.  Thus I'd favor taking a chance here because I do not believe you will be able to move ARob for the 1.02 if that is the target.  You should have both better odds and most likely less cost using the 1.04 instead since its still a top 5 pick.  Further, if it doesn't work out most likely someone will probably be willing to part with at least two 1st (17' & 18') or you can use the pick on your choice of CMC, Mixon, or Cook.   

I wouldn't go balls to the wall rookie picks, you should have a nice option after the turn with potentials like Diggs, Coleman, Ajayi, or possibly could go Rodgers if desired/available.  But looking at the the list of players given in the OP, I would look to building for the future because odds are you are not competing this year with the talent in the dispersal draft without giving up moderate amounts of future assets. 

E2A: Just my thoughts, there is nothing wrong going ARob either.  Take it for what its worth...

12 man dynasty ppr, 24 rosters spot and 4 taxi, expands to 28 at the start of the season. And your assessment is in line what I've determined to do.

I agree with the above, I would take the rookie pick here and then grab the best remaining player on the return.  There is a chance ARob is still there because of needs of other owners may have been go with other options.  In a dynasty league though, I would have to give Rodgers a look because he's got a few good years left in him and he's about a safe as they come. 

Help me?