[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

DeMarco Murray and Derrick Henry

michaelredd9

The Tennessee Titans incredibly went from having the 25th best offensive line in 2015 to the 1st best offensive line in 2016 according to Profootballfocus.  They also were the best red zone team offense in 2016 scoring touchdowns on 72% of their red zone trips.  DeMarco Murray has an adp of 17.99.  Derrick Henry has an adp of 73.90.  Even with such a great offensive line, it's probably not possible for both running backs to produce up to their adp.  Which running back produces up to their adp and which running back falls short of expectations?

• Like 1

Hard to say.  I think their roles will start almost identical to how they were last year.  Murray will be the lead dog, with Henry taking over on some drives.  That being said, I don't see with how talented Henry is how they don't try to involve him even more this year as the season goes on. All I know is this offense is going to be dynamic this year, and i'll want some piece of it.  I'll probably buy into Henry if he's in the 6th round.  He has a chance to completely take over of this backfield should anything happen to Murray, and already has some flex value.  Henry and Duke Johnson have the best cuff situations in the league at the moment.  Worst comes to worst, you can dangle him as trade bait in front of the Murray owner and look for an upgrade at another position.  

• Like 1

Problem with two potential lead dogs in the same backfield...everything gets muddled.  Mularky always tends to be near the top of attempted rushes and generally gives one guy the majority of the work, so with that being said its hard not to favor Murray out of the two.  However, change is always possible and thus I will be shying away from this backfield with its current costs unless something clears this mess up.  A 5-6th round pick is way too high for a potential handcuff and Murray worries me with his propensity to get nicked up early and often.  Murray I'd be more likely to take a chance on shortly after his current ADP, but Henry needs to drop considerably past his for me to consider in a redraft.  

35 minutes ago, Dolphin_Akie said:

I think Henry is a far more valuable player in 2017 in his own right behind a quality line

Agreed, that's what I believe to.  Like I said, he did have a little bit of flex value last year on some weeks, and that should only get better this year.  I feel like his floor will be a weekly flex play, and if he starts going nuts or Murray gets injured, he's the #1 lottery pick of the season.

I think the best Henry can hope for is one-third of the carries unless Murray gets injured.  Since Henry will also get a low number of receptions, he isn't a viable fantasy starter while Murray is healthy.  But I can see myself trying to trade for Henry mid-season when his owner is frustrated by his lack of production and the asking price is low.  Murray is a higher than average injury risk.  Having Henry in the fantasy playoff weeks would be sweet if Murray does get hurt.  He could get have games with 30 carries.  It's just not a gamble that is worth a 6th round draft pick in a fantasy draft.

• Like 2