[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Auction Draft Keeper Dilemma (PPR) - WHIR

I'm in a 16-team Auction Draft PPR League, $200 budget, high-end players tend to go for above value (Bell goes in the $70s), play 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, 1 K, 1 D/ST.  Can keep up to four players, but don't have to.  I listed everyone on my team, even those I have strong inclinations that I'm not keeping, because I want unbiased opinions.  I have the following choices (with auction keeper cost):

Jordy ($17)

Julio ($75)

Dez ($50)

Keenan Allen ($33)

Brandon Marshall ($36)

DeMarco Murray ($34)

Paul Perkins ($6)

Abdullah ($15)

Dion Lewis ($14)

Hunter Henry ($6)

Delanie Walker ($22)

Philip Rivers ($23)

In these situarions i tend to go for value and quantity.   Id likely go jordy dez murray and Henry  $107 .  Let others blow 70 plus for Brown bell julio odb dj and someone else take the risk of allen etc.  Although not knowing other qb prices rivers could be swapped in for Henry 

The first three that I saw that jumped out at me were Jordy, Murray, and Perkins. I would keep those three for sure for production and value. Then it comes down to Dez vs Julio for me, and I would want to keep one of them to pair with Jordy. I like Julio better, but they are close and the price would probably lead me to go toward Dez more for my fourth spot. This would again total $107, and you would have two strong starters at WR, a strong starter at RB and a good #2 RB would could be a great value if he does get the majority of work there.

Help me?

Edited by fantasybears

Interesting perspectives.  I was actually thinking of keeping Jordy, Dez, Perkins, and Abdullah for a total of $88.  Gives me two WR1 in a PPR league and two low-cost RB options who are both the number 1 guys on their teams.  I know it's taking a wild risk on an unproven in Perkins and an injury risk in Abdullah, but the reward could be huge. I would do the Jordy, Murray, Perkins, and Abdullah approach, but I'm highly dubious of Murray's ability to keep the same level of production.  I don't think he lives up to the hype this year and loses touches to Derrick Henry, especially at the goal line.  

Thanks, though.  You've given me some good ideas to think about. 

I'm keeping Jordy and Henry for sure!!

I tend to go for value and I'm thinking Henry is a top tier TE1 this season so at $6 I think that's awesome! 

Jordy at $17 is a steal considering what Dez, Julio and Allen went for!

I would definitely keep Dez or Julio! But not both of them since I would have Jordy already...

So with that last spot I would keep a RB... with the Lions improving the OL in the off season I would like to say Abdullah... but he has to stay healthy... I honestly feel like Murray is the "safer" pick here... and Perkins could do some great things this year but if I'm playing it safe I'm going Murray!