[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Trade advice

I was offered this trade in 3 keeper ppr league, we can start 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 2 RB/WR, TE

I am keeping ODB, Antonio Brown and the last would be between DeAndre Hopkins or Melvin Gordon if I don't do the trade, I have the 5th pick in th 1st round after keepers

All draft picks are after the 3 keepers, so 1st round is actually 4th round.

I give:

2nd round pick 6

4th round pick 6

6th round pick 6

I get:

Mike Evans

5th round pick 7

6th round pick 4

10th round pick 4

I don't do the deal for several reasons:

1. The difference between Gordon as a keeper (currently #9 overall ADP for PPR re-draft leagues according to MFL) and Mike Evans (currently #7 overall ADP for PPR re-draft leagues) is not that great, so you really are not improving your keeper situation, especially considering you are already very strong at WR, so you also aren't addressing an area of weakness.

2. You essentially are trading a 2nd and 4th round pick for a 5th and 10th round pick for the privilege of not really improving, and quite possible hurting, your keepers.

Remember, you have to view the trade as you not only giving up those picks, but also Gordon.

By not doing the trade, with the 2 WRs and Gordon as your keepers, you maintain a lot of flexibility to be able to draft best player available with your first picks. If you trade for another WR keeper, you essentially are forced to go RB with your first pick and no longer have a second rounder to address any other needs.

I think it is way too steep of a price to not really improve your team.

Edited by Big Country
  • Like 1

If you're willing to forego this year and build for the next few years, then go ahead and do it.  Having Brown, OBJ, and Evans as a starting 3 WR is absolutely monstrous in a PPR league.  However, given the picks you'd be giving up, I doubt you'd be able to compete this year unless you got lucky and picked up guys that come out of nowhere.  You'd get a solid RB1 with the first round, but then you're kind of stuck.  So I guess that's your choice: keep OBJ, Brown, and Gordon, and try to compete this year, or do the trade and have a bright future, but forego next year.

8 hours ago, Big Country said:

I don't do the deal for several reasons:

1. The difference between Gordon as a keeper (currently #9 overall ADP for PPR re-draft leagues according to MFL) and Mike Evans (currently #7 overall ADP for PPR re-draft leagues) is not that great, so you really are not improving your keeper situation, especially considering you are already very strong at WR, so you also aren't addressing an area of weakness.

2. You essentially are trading a 2nd and 4th round pick for a 5th and 10th round pick for the privilege of not really improving, and quite possible hurting, your keepers.

Remember, you have to view the trade as you not only giving up those picks, but also Gordon.

By not doing the trade, with the 2 WRs and Gordon as your keepers, you maintain a lot of flexibility to be able to draft best player available with your first picks. If you trade for another WR keeper, you essentially are forced to go RB with your first pick and no longer have a second rounder to address any other needs.

I think it is way too steep of a price to not really improve your team.

I see your point I really appreciate the time and great response.