[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Keeper Question WHIR

8rattoon

HI all,

My first time on here since December.

I have a keeper question that's driving me nuts. 14-team money league, each team gets to keep up to two players. 

Std scoring, .5 PPR. Start QB, 2RB, 3 WR, TE, Flex, D, K. 5 bench players.

Lose the round the player was drafted in last year, if the player was kept last year as well, he moves up two spots from last year's kept pick. FA is 15th rd, if you keep 2 FAs it's 15th and 14th rd, and you can decide which is which.

I can keep up to two of the following. Pick lost is in parentheses.

The main 3 I'm looking at:

Tyreek Hill (15th)

Ty Montgomery (15th, or 14th if I keep Hill as well)

Reed (13th)

Others to consider:

Crabtree (6th)

Blount (7th)

Terrance West (11th)

I realize Reed has a higher ceiling than Hill or Montgomery, but he cost me the championship last year and his injuries make him a huge liability, esp when we only have 5 bench spots and transactions are $5 apiece. I also feel that TE is VERY deep this year.

If I had to pick today, I would probably keep Hill in the 15th and Montgomery in the 14th. I know neither is gonna be a monster but they are my last two picks, so who cares? Reed is lingering, though...

Which 2 would you keep?

Post your link and I'll help you, too.

Thanks in advance!

Honestly I think Reed is a definite with that round pick and past performance (when on the field).  Both Hill and Montgomery have large bust potential due to changes/additions around their teams, but looking at your other options I agree that you'll want to go with one of those two due to the risk/reward.  I'd go Hill due to potential ceiling/starting lineup reqs, and treat him as he's probably my WR3 when drafting. 

38 minutes ago, Def. said:

Honestly I think Reed is a definite with that round pick and past performance (when on the field).  Both Hill and Montgomery have large bust potential due to changes/additions around their teams, but looking at your other options I agree that you'll want to go with one of those two due to the risk/reward.  I'd go Hill due to potential ceiling/starting lineup reqs, and treat him as he's probably my WR3 when drafting. 

I agree with this approach as well. I'm not very sold on Montgomery, so would lean Hill for upside and Reed for value.

• 3 weeks later...

What a surprise, Reed is hurt again. Toe injury that's lingered since last year? That's bad news. As much as I'd love to keep Reed IF he stays healthy, our starting requirements favor RBs who get receptions. Think I'm gonna take a flier on Monty and Hill unless the preseason shows that Williams becomes the guy in GB. Thanks for the input.