[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Keeper League Advice

BigCat29

Y'all,

My situation:

10 man keeper league

.5 PPR

Drafting 9th (snake draft)

Keepers (RD): DJ (1), Ajayi (2), Leveon (2), AB (2), Shady (3), Gurley (4), Kelvin Benjamin (6), TB12 (8), Devonte Freeman (11)

You lose whatever pick you have in the round that you selected your keeper in

Currently, I am weighing 3 options

1. Keep AJ Green at my current position at #9

2. Keep Isaiah Crowell at my current position in round 13

3. Trade up to the #3 pick and keep Crowell in round 13 - I have to ok from the other guy that he wants to do this

What would you do in my situation? I'm leaning towards trading up and keeping Crowell based on his upside and value given where I picked him last year. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by BigCat29

Are you completely swapping draft positions throughout the draft, or is it some other deal that has you moving up to the #3 pick?

Either way, keeping Crowell in the 13th is far and away your best option, whether you trade picks or not.

I think I would make the move up in the draft. With keepers factored in, I think you're looking at a better value gain by moving up in the first than anything you may lose out on with the drop in the 2nd.

Who is the guy with the #3 pick keeping? I ask because depending on what round his keeper is in, you could potentially use that as some leverage to negotiate some concessions in the draft pick trade. For example, if he is one of the guys using his first to keep a player, then he is gaining quite a bit by dropping back in the first and using a later pick for his keeper. On the flip side, as you are using a 13th rounder, you are in a sense using a pick 6 picks higher than you would if you don't trade to keep Crowell. It is to his benefit if you don't include the 13th rounders in the trade, thus he keeps a pick 6 spots higher, you still keep Crowell at the same spot.

He's keeping David Johnson in the 1st round, hence why he wanted to move down to the back end of the draft order. In our league, we can only trade picks, so we're pretty limited in negotiations unless a situation like this occurs.

Thanks for the input. I made the call and completed the trade, so I'm now drafting #3 overall and keeping Crowell in the 13th round. I appreciate the responses.