[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

2 QB Keeper League. Trade Help

Rbgb

Need to shed a RB and cap space

Been offered Amari Cooper, Andrew Luck, Dalvin Cook

For

Dalton, Antonio Brown and Zeke

Been told this was a crap deal, but interested in others opinions.

2 QB dynasty rankings makes it seem like fair trade.

Cooper is naywhere from 3-7th. Luck is consistently #1 dynasty ranked QB.

Brown and zeke are between cooper and luck.

Edited by Rbgb

My gut reaction when I saw this was "hell to the no," but after thinking about it, I'm getting more on board with i.  I think the hardest part of this trade would be giving up Zeke, but I think I understand the trade from your perspective.  You need the upgrade at QB, and while I was initially hesitant, I didn't realize that Luck will be only 28 this year, and QBs tend to last longer than RBs anyway.  Cooper's 23 while AB is 29.  Dalvin Cook can be servicable, as well, if Minny fixes itself.  Your RBs are solid enough to absorb losing Zeke, but I am worried about your WR for the next couple years if you do this trade.  You'd be very weak for an 8 team league, but to get Luck in a 2 QB league is pretty nice.  I'm torn, but would lean toward "yes" on this deal.  Who else does this guy have so maybe change the deal a bit?

Don't like it at all. You are giving up to much. AB and Zeke are 2 of the top 4 players off the board in a redraft. You are giving them up for a 3rd rd. WR, a 6th rd. RB, and a 6th rd. QB. He is trying to take advantage of your weakness at QB. 

5 hours ago, Air It Out said:

Who else does this guy have so maybe change the deal a bit?

This is his lineup. His team is stacked as it is. Which is why im hesitant. Luck is $12 so it makes it nice as well. I will have $117 going into next year. And will have $90 to work with in draft. More if B. Marshall doesnt do well with manning.

Luck, Carr, Roethlisberger, Watson, Cousins

D. Johnson, M. Lynch, gillislee, P. Perkins, J. White, D. Cook

ODB, M. Thomas, B. Cooks, A. Cooper, D. Thomas, A. Thielen, C. Coleman, R. Cobb, L. treadwell

He definitely is weak at RB aside from Johnson. I feel we both benefit but he gets more value in the short term with AB being 28 or 29.

And Elliott is just too much $$ to keep. Had him last year for $80 and lost in the championship when all my players didnt play and was vs. A dude who as ATL heavy.

Edited by Rbgb

33 minutes ago, zing said:

Don't like it at all. You are giving up to much. AB and Zeke are 2 of the top 4 players off the board in a redraft. You are giving them up for a 3rd rd. WR, a 6th rd. RB, and a 6th rd. QB. He is trying to take advantage of your weakness at QB. 

Hes gonna have to drop one of them by years end. Probably Zeke.

Keepers gotta be below $150

So I think of it as trading AB for Luck and Cooper. AB is trending downward IMO. Roethlisberger is big dude. Big dudes dont play as long. Hes already talked retirement. You see how AB plays without big ben? Plus next year hes turning 30. While hes in amazing shape and is a small dude and could be relevant for the next 5 years his cost is going up $3 every year hes relevant (top 10 dynasty rank adds $3 to their contract). Hes at $31 now. AJ green just drafted for mid to high 20s. Julio at $38. To give you an idea what WR value is in a small $cap league.

Luck is only $12 so I could have him,for the rest of his career.

Edited by Rbgb

Again, I think I'd do it because it's a 2 QB league.  Being able to throw Luck out there for years and having some young guys in Wentz and Taylor (I don't count Bortles because I just don't think he's actually any good) is a really good QB set.  But I think I'd see if he would trade out a different RB for Cook.  I personally like Perkins and think he's going to do really well, but that may be me reaching back to my UCLA fandom, too.  AB is getting older and is very much tied to Big Ben (did very poorly without him), whereas Cooper and Luck will be around for years to come, and as you said, Zeke or AB will have to be dropped after this year, anyway.  I thought about asking to trade out M. Thomas for Cooper, but then thinking about Carr and Cooper both being young and building a rapport, whereas NO is gonna go through a QB crisis relatively soon (with Brees being all 38 and stuff).  

You will be giving up some in the short term and probably will not win it this year, but you're setting yourself up for a brighter future, IMO.

I got him to add perkins and cooper at the cost of adding another player.

Doesn't look like Mike Williams will play so trade will be

AB, Zeke, Dalton, Mike Williams

for

Luck, Cooper, Perkins and Cook

Edited by Rbgb