[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Andrew Luck and the Colts

stethant

I think now is the time to start freaking out. This surgery has a 6-9 month rehab window and he's not throwing a football yet. Something ain't right. Now he may need another 6 weeks on the in-season PUP?

Whether he's had a setback who knows but for a young, extremely well conditioned athlete his rehab is starting to take longer than it should.

• Like 1

Yeah, it's alarming that Cam got his surgery AFTER Luck, and is already back throwing and in training camp.  I love TY, and rode him all the way to the championships last season, but Indy receivers are sliding down my personal draftboard and slowly into DND territory for me at a lot of their current ADP's.  Frank Gore is someone who is criminally undervalued (again), and I think this situation makes him even more attractive.  If Luck is out, he'll probably be the only player I target, as well as Turbin in the final round.

If you are drafting soon it might matter, otherwise wait until we know more (instead of acting on the rumor and speculation, the rumblings that LaCanfora or whoever hears and spreads like women gossiping.

I know this is from a Colts fan site and may be trying to paint a rosey picture but it does point out how LaCanfora has nothing solid, and really just making stuff up, because juicy stories sell.  A story saying "he nothing new on Luck's status, team won't commit to a timetable for return, nothing to worry about" just isn't worth writing, nobody will read it.

https://www.stampedeblue.com/2017/8/2/16080880/colts-qb-andrew-luck-will-he-miss-the-first-six-games-of-the-season-on-pup

Everything I have heard he is on schedule.  He is about 6.5 months removed from surgery and has resumed throwing something.  The optimist in me wants to believe the Colts would have signed someone by now if they were legitimately worried, but then I remember the last minute signing of Kerry Collins during Manning's last year, and it makes me worry.

The surgery had to be done.  It's different surgery than what Cam Newton had.  It just takes time.

Edited by CaptainHook