[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Who's the better keeper in a PPR League? Devonta Freeman or Jordan Howard?

Who's the better keeper this year for standard PPR?

Devonta Freeman or Jordan Howard?  Le'veon is my 1st keeper and I need to decide on a second (my league only does 2; I don't know if this is standard).

Jordan Howard is on the worse team so he'll have less opportunities to score, but he has no competition in the backfield.

Devonta Freeman will clearly have more chances in the red zone, and he's a good back, but Tevin Freaking Coleman makes it super annoying to own Devonta. Last year, every game when Tevin Coleman touched the ball or got the goal-line carry, I would get so frustrated.

Main reason I'm leaning towards Howard is because of the way keepers work in my league. I'm in an auction league and I can keep Devonta for $10 or Howard for $1. Not a huge difference this year, but in my league we double the cost of a keeper with every year. So Devonta will be $20 next year and Howard will only be $2.

So in terms of future planning, Howard has a lot of appeal. Man this is a tough choice. Luckily Le'veon is my other keeper and I get him for only $16 this year lol.

Every fantasy ranking has them neck and neck. Thoughts?

Edited by bigbuddha319

You drop Howard you likely are not getting him back. As you said he has no competition. Next year trying to keep both Bell & Freeman will kill your cap. You will not have any option but to cut one. Keeping Howard, you will have the option to keep both RB again if you want next season.