[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Beckham or Julio Jones??

Dawg Pile

In a PPR format who would you rather have and why?

I've seen Beckham ranked higher than Julio even though there are other options in NY such as Marshall and Sheppard. Not to mention that Eli didn't look that good last year as he has in the past.

Julio is a one man wrecking crew but his injury history is what makes me second guess taking him with the 5th overall pick. 

So, Beckham or Jones with the #5 pick??

Thanks

I don't think you can go wrong.

Beckham has always played where there were other viable options in the passing game and consistently put up about 90 catches, 1350 yards and a dozen or so TDs. There is little reason to expect that to change this season.

Jones has also been consistent averaging more yardage than Beckham, but less TDs.

Jones has missed 3 games in the last 3 seasons, Beckham has missed 5.

It is a literal coin flip. I think I would give slight favor to Odell, but it is miniscule and no reason other than slight gut feel that he will have a really good year.

• Like 1

Julio just because I think his QB will look his way more often than ELi will look to Odell.   I think it also depends on how much gas Marshall has left in the tank.  Can't go wrong with a dude that had a 300 yarder last year.

It's so very close.  You're talking about setting your watch to either guy getting 100 catches 1400-1500 yards and 10 TD's or more.

BM in NYG could help or hurt OBJ.. help the double or hurt stealing TD's with also SS catching the ball as well.  JJ can't be covered, he's like AB match-up proof.. if there is such a thing.

If I had to pick I'd probably edge JJ just slightly, I don't like Kyle being gone calling plays but still JJ will deliver.  Keeper/Dynasty league I would probably edge OBJ @ 25yr

I'd be inclined to lean in the direction of OBJ here.. Particularly because Julio doesn't seem to offer the same consistency.  He always has the unlimited ceiling to put up 30 pts in any given game, but he has those off games too where he'll leave you with single digit point totals every now and again. I'd rather take what seems to be a guarunteed 17+ from OBJ on a weekly basis.  just my $.02

In PPR format from ESPN since 2014 Beckham has 910.9 points and Jones has 932.4. Both behind Antonio Brown. As ppl have said its a coin flip. If Jones can stay healthy for a full 16 games I would pick him. With the addition of Marshall in NY it gives Eli more options and the ability for Beckham to get 1 on 1 coverage. I would take Beckham

OBJ

For same reason mkecrew said. The average difference of points is negligible and with the addition of Marshall this helps OBJ

Julio is getting old and has reliability issues which just get more abundant the older a player gets

So you're saying BM in NYG is a decoy?  I'm not buying it, the guy catches TD's that's his job.  It might help OBJ on the outside with big plays but where it helps him some place it might hurt him when BM catches some red zone TD's.  regardless it is incredible close.  

No I'm really high on BM this year and this his ADP is very far above his worth

Its hard to steal from a naturally talented WR though.

BM is no slouch. But he is aging and cannot contort his body the way OBJ can.

I don't see it affecting him too much for good or bad.

I'm also high on hooper this year and think he will take some red zone targets away from Julio. Hooper is a big dude and him and Ryan are hitting it off.

Edited by Rbgb

22 hours ago, Rbgb said:

No I'm really high on BM this year and this his ADP is very far above his worth

Its hard to steal from a naturally talented WR though.

BM is no slouch. But he is aging and cannot contort his body the way OBJ can.

I don't see it affecting him too much for good or bad.

I'm also high on hooper this year and think he will take some red zone targets away from Julio. Hooper is a big dude and him and Ryan are hitting it off.

I get it, I know what angle you're taking we are splitting hairs its fun they're both elite.  JJ is 3 yrs older than OBJ and Jordy Nelson had 1,250 and 14 @ 31 yrs (3 yrs older than JJ).  Injuries for JJ check, Age 28 aint old enough to lose a step the guy uses his length, hops and catch radius.  OBJ is the now and future, but JJ isn't going anywhere,

BTW big ups for the Hooper mention, nice touch.. I also agree that Hoops could carve his way into some FF TE relevance, I dig that dude for a later TE pick..hopefully he continues to improve and get some RZ looks, I don't think it effects JJ :D lol.