[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Extended PPR Keeper 2 RB

FastSteve

10 Team IDP PPR, Roster of 26, Keep 11, No more than 2 at a position, Start 2, Limted to 5, Flex is RB/WR/TE

Relevant Scoring

Rush/Rec TD-6, Every 10 yards Rush/Rec-1, 2 point conversion-obviously 2, point bonus for TD's 50+ yards, 100-199 yards Rush/Rec-1, 200+ yards -5, Every 5 Receptions-3

My RB

Gordon LAC, Hyde SF, Montgomery GB, Abdullah DET, Lacy SEA

EDIT, should have included this originally 

One of the two WR I am keeping is Jordy Nelson from GB by the way.

Keeping Gordon. Leaning Hyde as the reports just coming back very good on him. However it is difficult to not think about Montgomery in a PPR league & playing for GB. Am I overlooking value with Abdullah or Lacy? 

Should I go Gordon & Hyde?

Edited by FastSteve

1 hour ago, zing said:

Gordon and Montgomery. As long as Montgomery is the starter, he is on a team that defenses will be worried about the pass. It will give him running room, and will leave him with mismatches in the passing game.

I should have mentioned one of the 2 WR I am keeping is Jordy Nelson. Would you still be inclined to keep Montgomery & double down on GB offense?

2 hours ago, FastSteve said:

I should have mentioned one of the 2 WR I am keeping is Jordy Nelson. Would you still be inclined to keep Montgomery & double down on GB offense?

This is completely irrelevant to the decision.

You keep the RB that you think will perform the best. You having Nelson, or Rodgers, or Adams or Crosby or anyone else associated with the Packers has no bearing on whether or not Montgomery is a better option than Hyde, Abdullah or Lacy.

I think of those Lacy is easily at the bottom right now, so eliminate him. While Hyde is apparently looking good, it was not that long ago that all the reports were that he was on the way out, so take it with a grain of salt, though he has the potential to be a 3 down back. Abdullah has looked very promising, but is buried in a timeshare and doubt he gets a lot of passing down opportunities with Riddick there. Montgomery is the most versatile option, but not sure he is a 3 down back, but should get heavy play in the passing game which is helped by your PPR scoring.

I think Montgomery has the highest upside of all of those guys, and I think Abdullah has the highest floor as the safest option. Hyde is somewhere in between them. If it was me making the decision, as you already have Gordon locked in as your RB1, I would take the upside of Montgomery.

Can you try bundle a couple of these guys up in a trade to a team that maybe has one really good RB option but no other keeper options and offer a 2 for 1 deal so you get the better RB to keep, and the other team gets two legitimate decent RBs that they can now keep?