[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Pick 1 Keeper

Rimmytose

10 team league, 6 pt all TD, no PPR, with yardage bonuses over 100+ yards rush/rec

Start*: QB, 2 RB, 3 W/T, TE, K, DST

* - Rule change proposed to swap 1 W/T slot for a flex RB/W/T slot

I am drafting 9th and can only select ONE keeper from the following:

David Johnson - 1st Round

DeMarco Murray - 4th Round

Melvin Gordon - 6th Round

Michael Thomas - 16th Round

Michael Thomas seems like a great value, but I'm still debating keeping DJ. Hard not to keep the consensus #1. If the rule change proposal is successful I might lean back towards a RB instead of a WR as my keeper selection.

Is the value for Thomas to good to give up or would you go take one of the RBs?

Yahoo sports reported that Thomas was rated the number 1 overall WR in PPR and Standard leagues last year. As the saints #1 he has been getting separation and making catches at will during camp. To keep Thomas in the 16th is huge. Yes DJ is a great value at #9 and no one would fault you for choosing to keep him. However, You can grab another #1 RB/WR with the 9th pick. I think the value of Thomas is to good to pass up. 

• Like 1

I personally would take the value pick in Thomas. He wasn't the #1 WR last year (he was #7 based on Huddle PPR scoring), but there is no reason to not expect him to perform at a similar level this year, if not a little better with the departure of Cooks.

Johnson for the #9 overall also not a bad choice, but I just don't think you will make up the potential value you can going by essentially getting your WR1 for no cost to you.

• Like 1

DJ is so talented but first round talent is deep even at RB in my opinion.  Having MT for the 16th is pretty incredible especially if you can continue to keep him???  Can you continue to keep him? Still MT seems pretty obvious you'll have a nice RB still in round 1 with a swing pick to do whatever you want.