[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Gotta Keep 2!?

opopopop

ODB since you are losing the first 2 picks and he's clearly a 1st rounder. 

I'd probably lean Gordon depending on how you gauge the rest of the teams keepers and the RB situation remaining. You may be able to grab Thomas in the 3rd. 

12 minutes ago, RiseUp said:

ODB since you are losing the first 2 picks and he's clearly a 1st rounder. 

I'd probably lean Gordon depending on how you gauge the rest of the teams keepers and the RB situation remaining. You may be able to grab Thomas in the 3rd. 

I'm picking 11th in a snake draft. So I have 11 and then 14. Based on who I'm projected to be kept, here's the best of the rest 

Freeman

Nelson

put Michael Thomas Or Gordon

Fournette

TY Hilton

Gurley

Crowell

Hopkins

Cooks

Mcaffery

Mixon

Demaryius Thomas

Gillislee

Kelce

Lynch

Brady 

Pryor

Alshon

A Rob

Bryant

Hyde

Crab

Olsen

TY Montgomery 

Edited by opopopop

Depends on your lineup requirements.   Beckham is a for sure, no point really debating it.

Thomas/Gordon is a toss up, but if you only are required to start 1 RB or required to start 3 WR, could sway to Thomas.. if it is a 2RB/2WR league could sway towards Gordon, if it's 2RB/3WR required back to a toss up.

Looks like you expect keepers to be pretty RB heavy- if that is the case, then many teams may not be needing RB early in the draft, and you are better off keeping OBJ/Thomas and targeting RB with your picks - with Gordon/Gurley/Freeman/Crowell and the rookie RBs all available, you're looking at a decent shot at at least 1 if not 2 of those guys to go with two potential top 5 WRs.

1 minute ago, Big Country said:

Depends on your lineup requirements.   Beckham is a for sure, no point really debating it.

Thomas/Gordon is a toss up, but if you only are required to start 1 RB or required to start 3 WR, could sway to Thomas.. if it is a 2RB/2WR league could sway towards Gordon, if it's 2RB/3WR required back to a toss up.

Looks like you expect keepers to be pretty RB heavy- if that is the case, then many teams may not be needing RB early in the draft, and you are better off keeping OBJ/Thomas and targeting RB with your picks - with Gordon/Gurley/Freeman/Crowell and the rookie RBs all available, you're looking at a decent shot at at least 1 if not 2 of those guys to go with two potential top 5 WRs.

Qb

wr

wr

wr

rb

rb

te

w/r/t

k

d

Love MT and OBJ, then you cherry pick RB's and round out the rest.

dude @ 11 that's like Freeman , Gordon, Howard, Ajayi, crowell, etc etc.. having possibly two WR1 elite WR's to start.. I'd roll that way others may not, but remember you need to start 3 WR's.. that means WR will thin out quick or there will be ?'s surrounding the pool of WR2/WR3 guys you're drafting.  

19 hours ago, robotpimp said:

Love MT and OBJ, then you cherry pick RB's and round out the rest.

dude @ 11 that's like Freeman , Gordon, Howard, Ajayi, crowell, etc etc.. having possibly two WR1 elite WR's to start.. I'd roll that way others may not, but remember you need to start 3 WR's.. that means WR will thin out quick or there will be ?'s surrounding the pool of WR2/WR3 guys you're drafting.  

Howard and Ajayi have been kept? No idea what you're saying. Also rb will already be thinned out after keepers are set

23 hours ago, opopopop said:

Howard and Ajayi have been kept? No idea what you're saying. Also rb will already be thinned out after keepers are set

Probably overvaluing the .5 ppr and MT as more of a tier 1 WR.. imo having two potentially tier 1 WR's needing to start 3 WR places more value there than at RB.  Better balance would be keeping Gordon but I'd hate throwing MT back. 

10 hours ago, robotpimp said:

Probably overvaluing the .5 ppr and MT as more of a tier 1 WR.. imo having two potentially tier 1 WR's needing to start 3 WR places more value there than at RB.  Better balance would be keeping Gordon but I'd hate throwing MT back. 

Don't hate throwing Gordon back? Also it's basically starting 3wrs and 3rbs. As my flex spot will never have a te in that spot. Will be a wr or rb. So you believe by letting Gordon go that rb has more depth than wr? I feel like I can get quite a few guys that could have better seasons than Thomas Martavis,Pryor,Alshon,ARob 

yes that sucks too except I'm valuing MT as a Tier 1 guy, Gordon will be steady... I'm just saying MT is nearing elite with Cooks gone he's the man.  Look what he did as the WR2 rookie?  

92 receptions, 1.1k yards 9 TD's with cooks on the team.  Gordon's awesome, keep him.  He gets awesome volume, catches the ball.. everything awesome except injury potential and 3.9 ypc playing with a tougher schedule than last year.  I'm not knocking Gordon.  MT playing on a team with a QB that throws for 5k yards 35 TD's, that's what I'm saying.

Cooks was smallish in comparison, MT as WR1 is a better fit and teams will have to respect Snead and TGJ along with AP/Ingram.  

49 minutes ago, robotpimp said:

yes that sucks too except I'm valuing MT as a Tier 1 guy, Gordon will be steady... I'm just saying MT is nearing elite with Cooks gone he's the man.  Look what he did as the WR2 rookie?  

92 receptions, 1.1k yards 9 TD's with cooks on the team.  Gordon's awesome, keep him.  He gets awesome volume, catches the ball.. everything awesome except injury potential and 3.9 ypc playing with a tougher schedule than last year.  I'm not knocking Gordon.  MT playing on a team with a QB that throws for 5k yards 35 TD's, that's what I'm saying.

Cooks was smallish in comparison, MT as WR1 is a better fit and teams will have to respect Snead and TGJ along with AP/Ingram.  

And if I keep two WRs what do you think my rbs are going to look like? 

1 hour ago, robotpimp said:

AP/Ingram, Powell, Mongomery, Hyde, Lynch, Fat Rob, T.West, Spencer Ware, Blount, J.Stew, Lacy, McFadden, Henry, Perkins...  I give up... 

The list of who will likely be kept in my league is above or on previous page. AP not available. The rookie rbs are. Also you'd be happy with any one of those guys on that list as your rb1? Basically your rb1 and rb2 would be the same caliber player 

3 hours ago, opopopop said:

The list of who will likely be kept in my league is above or on previous page. AP not available. The rookie rbs are. Also you'd be happy with any one of those guys on that list as your rb1? Basically your rb1 and rb2 would be the same caliber player 

I would be fine with that if it means I am loaded elsewhere. You're in a standard 2RB/3WR league plus 1 flex with 0.5 PPR. As noted above, it makes it pretty much a toss up between Thomas and Gordon. I'd be perfectly fine starting out with OBJ and Thomas as my keepers and would be equally happy with OBJ and Gordon. I think Gordon is a bit of a riskier bet given his injury history and Thomas has more upside given what he did as a rookie and the fact that he should have even more targets this season, but if you are not comfortable with not having an RB as one of your keepers then you'll be fine and likely happier by going OBJ and Gordon.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, opopopop said:

yeah it all depends.  But if this was obvious to keep Gordon you wouldn't have asked right?  I mean I have zero issues with Gordon as an RB1.  

I also think when it gets to you, you're 11th so you can grab whatever you want since you have the 14th pick too.  My assumption is however this shakes out for your draft your first 4 picks are most likely 2 WR's and 2 RB's.  Freeman, Gurley, Crowell I would be ok with as RB1's, but I would also take a flyer on one or two of these guys as some bench/spot start Cook, Mixon, McCaffery, maybe Lynch as well.  Hyde / Montgomery I'd put as risky lowish RB2's maybe spot start flex only unless they are able to show they will get majority of the snaps.

Edited by robotpimp

13 minutes ago, robotpimp said:

yeah it all depends.  But if this was obvious to keep Gordon you wouldn't have asked right?  I mean I have zero issues with Gordon as an RB1.  

I also think when it gets to you, you're 11th so you can grab whatever you want since you have the 14th pick too.  My assumption is however this shakes out for your draft your first 4 picks are most likely 2 WR's and 2 RB's.  Freeman, Gurley, Crowell I would be ok with as RB1's, but I would also take a flyer on one or two of these guys as some bench/spot start Cook, Mixon, McCaffery, maybe Lynch as well.  Hyde / Montgomery I'd put as risky lowish RB2's maybe spot start flex only unless they are able to show they will get majority of the snaps.

I'm picking 11th 0 chance Freeman makes it to me. I doubt Gurley will either. So maybe Crowell would slide to me? Maybe not. Also Crowell is on a team that plays from behind non stop

Edited by opopopop

1 hour ago, opopopop said:

I'm picking 11th 0 chance Freeman makes it to me. I doubt Gurley will either. So maybe Crowell would slide to me? Maybe not. Also Crowell is on a team that plays from behind non stop

yeah it's probably too risky.. I think you would probably benefit more knowing that you have Gordon and OBJ, then when it gets to you at 11 you like the 12th team both get two quick picks those will probably be vital.  If you were picking earlier and could guarantee more of a shot at Gurley or Freeman perhaps then MT / OBJ combo works but I'd probably settle on Gordon who was very good last year, now no Woodhead even if he marginally improves or has similar results he's pretty much a lock as RB1/RB2 no matter the format.

25 minutes ago, robotpimp said:

yeah it's probably too risky.. I think you would probably benefit more knowing that you have Gordon and OBJ, then when it gets to you at 11 you like the 12th team both get two quick picks those will probably be vital.  If you were picking earlier and could guarantee more of a shot at Gurley or Freeman perhaps then MT / OBJ combo works but I'd probably settle on Gordon who was very good last year, now no Woodhead even if he marginally improves or has similar results he's pretty much a lock as RB1/RB2 no matter the format.

What 2 players/positions would you target with those first two picks 11&14? I listed the list of best available on the same post as projected keepers. I never know if someone like Kelce would be worth my 3rd or 4th round picks. I usually always draft one late and then either stream or try to get one off waivers. Mainly because I fee like drafting a te early sets me back at wr or rb. Like Kelce 1000 and 6tds is that really 3rd or 4th round worthy or am I looking at it the wrong way? 

I would roll OBJ here everytime. Depending on your league theres a chance Melvin Gordon could fall to you at pick 11 and you end up with both.  If not there is still plenty of solid talent at the 11 spot.. I'd take the best player on the board regardless of position with the idea in mind you already have a 1st round pick in OBJ.

42 minutes ago, Stackahundoz said:

I would roll OBJ here everytime. Depending on your league theres a chance Melvin Gordon could fall to you at pick 11 and you end up with both.  If not there is still plenty of solid talent at the 11 spot.. I'd take the best player on the board regardless of position with the idea in mind you already have a 1st round pick in OBJ.

How in the hell would you think there would be any chance of Gordon falling back to me in the 3rd round at pick 11? 

13 hours ago, opopopop said:

What 2 players/positions would you target with those first two picks 11&14? I listed the list of best available on the same post as projected keepers. I never know if someone like Kelce would be worth my 3rd or 4th round picks. I usually always draft one late and then either stream or try to get one off waivers. Mainly because I fee like drafting a te early sets me back at wr or rb. Like Kelce 1000 and 6tds is that really 3rd or 4th round worthy or am I looking at it the wrong way? 

Yeah if you don't get like Gronk and maybe Olsen, (Reed would be a lock if he wasn't so concussed / Injury prone he's a beast).. It would seem TE's are what you stream, it can be painful as you know, even when I go for someone like Eifert he ends up with an injury that seemingly is only going to keep him out a week or 2 but then there are the 'set backs' so it's weeks of stringing you along.  With that said there are some TE's in new homes with better QB situations and rookies that could be viable especially streaming.

BTW I have Kelce in Dynasty and man o man you can't trust Alex Smith, Kelce is awesome but either KC or Smith limits his potential.  He's still a very good TE so you can draft him confidently I just wouldn't reach on him.  1.1k yards is awesome (85 catches), feels like he hit his ceiling, although I'd take sub 1k yards and J.Reed's 11 TD's.. red zone targets and TDs are vital.   I put Kelce with H.Henry, J.Graham, maybe even Rudolph.. He's better than them but A.Smith caps his opportunities.  Jack Doyle this year could be good with Allen gone, although that o-line is pathetic so if Doyle does well Luck will be running for his life as always.

Edited by robotpimp