[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Thoughts on Eric Decker this season....

Bronco Steve_85

I like Decker.  He is still only 30 years old.  He has a physicality that few receivers possess which has led him to be a touchdown machine.  He leads all receivers since 2012 in red zone touchdown receptions with 36.  Mariota has also been phenomenal in the red zone.  He leads all NFL quarterbacks since 2012 in red zone passer rating with a rating of 114.6.  Last year he threw 18 touchdown passes and 0 interceptions in the red zone.  He hasn't thrown a single red zone interception in his career.  Considering how little talent the Titans have had at receiver, his red zone success is incredible.  

Combining two players whose strengths match so well can only lead to good things.  Mariota looks like a quarterback who has the sky as his limit.  Decker should help him continue to ascend.  Both players have adps that make them very attractive (though not as attractive as Eric Decker's wife).  Mariota has an MFL public league adp of 97.61.   Decker has an MFL public league adp of 92.88.  They also have a very nice fantasy playoff schedule with the 49ers and Rams in weeks 15 and 16.  I'm more than comfortable having Mariota as my starting quarterback and Decker as my WR3.

• Like 3

I agree, I love Decker's upside. It seems like he's always overlooked in fantasy drafts (mine anyway). He might not pile on yards, but the guy is a TD machine. As Michaelredd9 outlined, his situation this year looks very promising. I'm targeting him as a WR3 in my leagues.

3 hours ago, michaelredd9 said:

Both players have adps that make them very attractive (though not as attractive as Eric Decker's wife).

Redd always brings a lot of vital insight to the table, backed by numbers, even.  Well, off to google Decker's wife and.......GREAT SCOTT!!! :woot:

...I barely got out of my bunk, now I gotta go back!

• Like 1

On 8/11/2017 at 6:43 AM, CowboysDiehard said:

Redd always brings a lot of vital insight to the table, backed by numbers, even.  Well, off to google Decker's wife and.......GREAT SCOTT!!! :woot:

...I barely got out of my bunk, now I gotta go back!

IDK.. if i had to compete with that lady....id be tired... all year... I see a fall off ..just because...well.... oh my!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, HOFConnection said:

Well he certainly hasent been good since he's had Manning. Originallly he was more of a kick return guy before Manning. Not so sure he's ready to regain numbers like that ever again. 

A lot of his success is probably due to having Peyton as a quarterback.  But in 2011, he had 8 receiving touchdowns on only 44 receptions with Kyle Orton and Tim Tebow throwing to him.  And he had 12 receiving touchdowns with Ryan Fitzpatrick in 2015.

13 hours ago, boltnlava said:

IDK.. if i had to compete with that lady....id be tired... all year... I see a fall off ..just because...well.... oh my!

It wouldn't surprise me if the hip surgery he had last year wasn't due to a football related injury.

• Like 1

He's proven to be able to catch TD's regardless the QB and team situation.  He's on a team that continues to trend in the right direction, has a very good QB that continues to improve and a solid running game.  I don't see why at minimum he isn't a Flex/WR3 with potential to be a WR2.  In 2015 he caught a TD in all but 3 games, he's not hurting you when he's healthy and the QB is somewhat competent (R.Fitz).  The three games he didn't catch a TD he still had almost 300 yards receiving and 18 catches,  I mean that's a decent floor to not 'kill' you.

The guy has pretty much always exceeded expectations and proved the naysayers wrong.  First, it was that there wasn't enough balls to go around in Denver.  All he did was catch double-digit TD's and surpass 1000 yards two years in a row.  Then, the argument was that he had no QB in New York, and couldn't possibly put up similar numbers to what he did with Peyton throwing to him.  He did.  Basically, as long as he's healthy, he has proven that he will produce, fantasy-wise.

I'm a homer and have always targeted Decker.  Doing so has helped me win multiple league championships.  So, the homer side of me wants him on as many teams as possible once again.  However, I'm also a big believer in "zigging when others zag" when it comes to fantasy drafts.  For that reason alone, I'm somewhere in the middle on Decker this year.  I'm not going to reach for him, but I'll take him if he falls far enough for me to land him as my 3rd or 4th WR.  

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Bronco Steve_85 said:

So the earliest you see yourself taking him is like 6th round? That's about where I was targeting him if he was still there

I was hoping to get him a little later in my 10 team. Possibly 8th. In my 14 team league, he went at pick #104.