[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Elliott suspended 6 games.

Hawkeye21

17 minutes ago, jamesplante11 said:

Good, the kid needs it! 

For the fantasy aspect of it, does this drop him all the way down to the 3rd rd, because I would snag him on the turn of 2-3 if hes there

Bullscat.  PD investigated and found nothing.  Total Bullscat.  What about the Raider's CB who was investigated on the sexual assault and found 'innocent'?  Is he next?  You'd be good with as well, I'm sure.

15 minutes ago, Cfarst79 said:

Pretty sure the appeal will drop it some, hell Ray Rice was only suspended 2 games initially for his elevator antics.  I think it will drop between 2-4

Times have changed a great deal since then.  I could see it getting dropped to 4 games but not anything less.  They don't want to joke around with domestic assault anymore.

10 minutes ago, CowboysDiehard said:

Bullscat.  PD investigated and found nothing.  Total Bullscat.  What about the Raider's CB who was investigated on the sexual assault and found 'innocent'?  Is he next?  You'd be good with as well, I'm sure.

The NFL held their own investigation and if they found anything they can suspend him for as long as they want.  The law has absolutely nothing to do with this and the players association agreed to allow the league to make these decisions.  If they don't like it then they'll have to change that in their next agreement.

One story I heard was that the NFL found that he did assault here multiple times and that he destroyed evidence.  He may have also paid people off to keep quiet about it.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Cfarst79 said:

Pretty sure the appeal will drop it some, hell Ray Rice was only suspended 2 games initially for his elevator antics.  I think it will drop between 2-4

Agree will definitely be appealed and reduced, I'll say 3 games.

6 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

The NFL held their own investigation and if they found anything they can suspend him for as long as they want.  The law has absolutely nothing to do with this and the players association agreed to allow the league to make these decisions.  If they don't like it then they'll have to change that in their next agreement.

One story I heard was that the NFL found that he did assault here multiple times and that he destroyed evidence.  He may have also paid people off to keep quiet about it.

"Heard"?  LOL.

20 minutes ago, CowboysDiehard said:

My point wasn't that the police found nothing. It was the fact that Elliot has been immature as a profession since joining the league and I would enjoy him maturing up so I can watch him play for years to come. 

23 minutes ago, CowboysDiehard said:

Don't throw my Raiders into your teams mess. Conley was exonerated by a grand jury. We're gonna see what Dak is made of without Zeke. 

Edited by Carr4MVP

Just now, jamesplante11 said:

My point wasn't that the police found nothing. It was the fact that Elliot has been immature as a profession since joining the league and I would enjoy him maturing up so I can watch him play for years to come. 

Then suspend him on those specifics.  Mixon is another guy I can think of who's skating right now.  When will Goodell get around to him?  Doubt he will.

TOTAL BS. Wow. That is not right at all. Unless they have some pretty hard evidence that we don't know about, and the police missed, it doesn't make sense to take 2 years to suspend the guy. WOW just wow.

t

Edited by Cowboyz1
  • Like 1

Just now, Cowboyz1 said:

TOTAL BS. Wow. That is not right at all. Unless they have some pretty hard evidence that we don't know about, it doesn't make sense to take 2 years to suspend the guy. WOW just wow.

t

The took a year to investigate and have photographic and physical proof of abuse numerous times

1 minute ago, Cowboyz1 said:

TOTAL BS. Wow. That is not right at all. Unless they have some pretty hard evidence that we don't know about, and the police missed, it doesn't make sense to take 2 years to suspend the guy. WOW just wow.

t

Indeed.

2 minutes ago, jamesplante11 said:

The took a year to investigate and have photographic and physical proof of abuse numerous times

Well if that's the case then I got no problem with it. If, in fact they have photos and the other proof you stated, I am disappointed in Elliott and more so that the police didn't do their jobs either.

3 minutes ago, Cowboyz1 said:

Well if that's the case then I got no problem with it. If, in fact they have photos and the other proof you stated, I am disappointed in Elliott and more so that the police didn't do their jobs either.

http://deadspin.com/report-ezekiel-elliot-suspended-six-games-by-nfl-1797752285

Here's an article that states why the police didn't persue charges to make you feel a little better about the Law Enforcement involved

• Like 1

I'll say this, then I'm leaving this thread.  The overall lack of discipline, and unnecessary risks the Cowboys have taken with players like Hardy, have a great deal to do with the NFL decision.  Elliot can be added to this list.  Goodell, right or wrong, is sending a message to the organization.  The circumstances which brought about these allegations are on Ezekiel. The severity of this is on Jerry Jones and Jason Garrett.  As long as those two chuckleheads are running this franchise, it's going nowhere.

Out.

• Like 1

OK - here's my take as someone who doesn't really like the Cowboys: this is baloney.

1. I have absolutely ZERO confidence that the NFL can conduct an investigation with more veracity than a Police Department. Why on earth would we think this?

2. If the NFL can suspend players for basically anything they want (which may be in the CBA, I have no idea) when no charges are filed, then get ready for a player's strike when the CBA is next re-negotiated.

3. If I were Zeke I would fight this in court a la Brady. Zeke is a lower profile player and I can see this dragging out beyond the season. In this scenario Zeke would play this year.

Dallas, welcome to New England's world. How do you like God-dell now????