[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Elliott suspended 6 games.

Hawkeye21

21 minutes ago, Carr4MVP said:

Don't throw my Raiders into your teams mess. Conley was exonerated by a grand jury. We're gonna see what Dak is made of without Zeke. 

Well, maybe I have one more thing to say...I love Vegas and I love the fact that the Raiders are going there.  I hate the Broncos.  I'm chasing down that bandwagon...hold up, pardner!

5 minutes ago, stethant said:

OK - here's my take as someone who doesn't really like the Cowboys: this is baloney.

1. I have absolutely ZERO confidence that the NFL can conduct an investigation with more veracity than a Police Department. Why on earth would we think this?

2. If the NFL can suspend players for basically anything they want (which may be in the CBA, I have no idea) when no charges are filed, then get ready for a player's strike when the CBA is next re-negotiated.

3. If I were Zeke I would fight this in court a la Brady. Zeke is a lower profile player and I can see this dragging out beyond the season. In this scenario Zeke would play this year.

Dallas, welcome to New England's world. How do you like God-dell now????

1. The Ex GF refused to testify to the police and lied about what happened. Elliot is not in legal trouble anymore, just problems in the workplace

2. The NFL can suspend players for anything that they want, as long as it brings negative light to the league. He was suspended for personal conduct violation

3. Agreed, fight away. Just know this when you do, you will be suspended next year, and then you might not be able to appeal for a reduced suspension

• Like 1

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2726949-ezekiel-elliott-suspension-letter-details-actions-warns-of-potential-future-ban

^Article contains the photos the NFL has

http://larrybrownsports.com/football/nfl-warns-ezekiel-elliott-banned-from-league/387674

^Shows that apparently the league is pissed and threatening to ban Elliot from the NFL is there are any future acts of personal misconduct 

1 hour ago, Cowboyz1 said:

Well if that's the case then I got no problem with it. If, in fact they have photos and the other proof you stated, I am disappointed in Elliott and more so that the police didn't do their jobs either.

You should be disappoionted with Elliot no matter wat, he's shown his immaturity and poor decision making multiple times. But since he's a Cowboy and can help you win the blinders are extra large.

Take a page from Cowboysdiehard who sees Zeke and Cowboys leadership as responsible for this outcome.

54 minutes ago, stethant said:

OK - here's my take as someone who doesn't really like the Cowboys: this is baloney.

1. I have absolutely ZERO confidence that the NFL can conduct an investigation with more veracity than a Police Department. Why on earth would we think this?

2. If the NFL can suspend players for basically anything they want (which may be in the CBA, I have no idea) when no charges are filed, then get ready for a player's strike when the CBA is next re-negotiated.

3. If I were Zeke I would fight this in court a la Brady. Zeke is a lower profile player and I can see this dragging out beyond the season. In this scenario Zeke would play this year.

Dallas, welcome to New England's world. How do you like God-dell now????

NFL doesn't have to prove their case beyond a reasonable doubt. The vast majority of the US population believe that OJ is a killer, but he avoided being convicted. If he were an NFL player at the time and they suspended him based on the evidence would that be wrong because they cannot possible be doing a more thorough investigation than a criminal proceeding?

The players have given the league the power to punish through the CBA, no criminal charge or conviction is required.

Maybe players should stop beating women, doing drugs, driving drunk, robbing stores, molesting people.assaulting people.....then they wouldn't be facing such scrutiny. Many players do, and are probably tired of their fellow players acting like fools.

1 minute ago, stevegrab said:

Take a page from Cowboysdiehard who sees Zeke and Cowboys leadership as responsible for this outcome.

I get this and agree Zeke and Cowboys management needs to step up and be responsible.  However, I also find it very hard to trust the NFL when it comes to these matters.  Blindly accepting anything NFL investigations throws before us is as foolish as believing anything a politician says nowadays. 

24 minutes ago, Def. said:

I get this and agree Zeke and Cowboys management needs to step up and be responsible.  However, I also find it very hard to trust the NFL when it comes to these matters.  Blindly accepting anything NFL investigations throws before us is as foolish as believing anything a politician says nowadays.

Not accepting it blindly just thinking that they looked into it, and found enough dirt plus some leftover angst for the Cowboys to lower the boom. I'm fine with it, didn't defend idiot Josh Gordon (of my Browns) when they did it to him, so its not just some Cowboys hatred either.   What bugs me now though is reading the linked bleacherreport article, how does LaCanfora have a copy of the letter (he passed on portions of the letter)? Who within the NFL or Zeke/Cowboys camp furnished him a copy?

Edited by stevegrab

Ya this looks like it'll be heading to court (again)...

According to a statement released by his lawyers, Ezekiel Elliott will appeal his six-game suspension for violating the league's personal conduct policy.

Elliott had up to three business days to file an appeal following the announcement of Friday's six-game ban. "Mr. Elliott and his team of representatives are extremely disappointed with the NFL's decision," said attorneys Frank Salzano and Scott Rosenblum in a joint statement. "The NFL's findings are replete with factual inaccuracies and erroneous conclusions and it 'cherry picks' so called evidence to support its conclusion while ignoring other critical evidence." Charles Robinson of Yahoo Sports is hearing that Elliott is willing to take his appeal "through courts if he has to," just as Tom Brady did when he was suspended for his role in DeflateGate. Given how slowly the wheels of justice move in the NFL—Elliott's investigation began last summer—this saga could drag on for quite some time.

Quote from Rotoworld, source article from NFL.com

1 hour ago, stevegrab said:

Not accepting it blindly just thinking that they looked into it, and found enough dirt plus some leftover angst for the Cowboys to lower the boom. I'm fine with it, didn't defend idiot Josh Gordon (of my Browns) when they did it to him, so its not just some Cowboys hatred either.   What bugs me now though is reading the linked bleacherreport article, how does LaCanfora have a copy of the letter (he passed on portions of the letter)? Who within the NFL or Zeke/Cowboys camp furnished him a copy?

Josh Gordon had hot piss. Little different than this

Another case of someone with detrimental behavior against women still being allowed to play while someone that kneels during the national anthem gets blackballed. LMAO...the NFL is a joke. And please don't give me the "flag disrespect" argument as there are 3 Eagles (Malcom Jenkins, Steven Means and Ron Brooks) who did the  "black power" salute in consolidation with Kaep and yet he still have a job, did it last year as well. Violence against women is not something the 'Ole Boys Club" has ever privately denounced. It's only when presented with public outrage that they tend to deal any kind of punishment or denounce the act outright...and this goes for all sports, not just football. 

Edited by tazinib1
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, HowboutthemCowboys said:

Josh Gordon had hot piss. Little different than this

That was one of his many suspsensions, the one I'm thinking of is when he was suspended for drinking when he wasn't supposed to be. Many were outraged how that could happen since alcohol is legal and his season was over. (The ban applied to the NFL season, not the end of the regular season for non playoff teams.) People outside Cleveland were bashing the NFL for it, like they did for his hot piss (since he claims it was second hand smoke, or because pot is legal some places or because pot is harmless/mainstream) and I said "no the stupid player was wrong."

3 hours ago, stevegrab said:

. The vast majority of the US population believe that OJ is a killer, but he avoided being convicted. If he were an NFL player at the time and they suspended him based on the evidence would that be wrong because they cannot possible be doing a more thorough investigation than a criminal proceeding?

OJ was not guilty in criminal court, but found liable for the murders in Civil court.. most people in North america can't wrap it around their thick skulls that Criminal Law, Labour Law, Family Law, Civil Law, all have different burdens of proof. Just because the police didn't pursue the matter, doesn't mean nothing happened. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, tazinib1 said:

Another case of someone with detrimental behavior against women still being allowed to play while someone that kneels during the national anthem gets blackballed. LMAO...the NFL is a joke. And please don't give me the "flag disrespect" argument as there are 3 Eagles (Malcom Jenkins, Steven Means and Ron Brooks) who did the  "black power" salute in consolidation with Kaep and yet he still have a job, did it last year as well. Violence against women is not something the 'Ole Boys Club" has ever privately denounced. It's only when presented with public outrage that they tend to deal any kind of punishment or denounce the act outright...and this goes for all sports, not just football. 

Has Kaep been suspended by the NFL for his actions?  I would love to talk discuss this over a beer with you sometime, not on a message board on the web.  Kaep made a stand, and he's paying the price for it in the court of public opinion.  Anyway...respect to you, just giving my two cents.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, CowboysDiehard said:

Has Kaep been suspended by the NFL for his actions?  I would love to talk discuss this over a beer with you sometime, not on a message board on the web.  Kaep made a stand, and he's paying the price for it in the court of public opinion.  Anyway...respect to you, just giving my two cents.

I don't drink anymore but sure. There are deep underlying issues that people don't realize or don't want to admit or, far worse, are ok with when dealing with the issues surrounding Kaep. But yeah...we can discuss it elsewhere at your whim :tup:

• Like 2

5 hours ago, tazinib1 said:

If Kaep was any good he'd be on a roster.

But yeah, screw him anyway

• Like 1

5 hours ago, tazinib1 said:

So uh...where does Mixon fall in with all this?  Is Kaep not comparable to Rice and his "blackballing"?  Not trying to offend but the post has some inconsistencies (or its a huge pile of :fishy: bait for the Cowboys fans.)   

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Def. said:

So uh...where does Mixon fall in with all this?  Is Kaep not comparable to Rice and his "blackballing"?  Not trying to offend but the post has some inconsistencies (or its a huge pile of :fishy: bait for the Cowboys fans.)   

To my knowledge the NFL is not investigating Mixon. And Rice WAS, in affect, blackballed. 

26 minutes ago, tazinib1 said:

To my knowledge the NFL is not investigating Mixon. And Rice WAS, in affect, blackballed. 

If I'm not mistaken Mixons incident was prior to him being drafted? Therefor not subject to the NFL conduct policy 

• Like 1

Huge Cowboy homer here and all along I have thought there was no way he would be suspended, the lady is a gold digger, no evidence and all that rah rah ...

THEN I started using real logic ...Too many accusers, too many instances, the photos of the multiple bruises and multiple episodes, the throwing punches at multiple bars, THE COVER UPS and how he gets others involved or hushed, there is a serious pattern happening here...

I am now believing that this is a SPOILED kid who has always had someone cover up, make excuses for, take care of, hide, pay off, convince others it "wasn't him", (all while Zeke stands back and lets them take care of it); Zeke is a commodity to some who want to use him and Zeke has always been a stud athlete and glorified, there has been someone at every level who has let him get away with rage toward women it seems, selfish actions at other's expense (victims to say the least) and he thinks he is above it all.

No longer will I be one of the enablers and defenders of his reputation.  He makes his bed, he lays in it.  Abuse toward women will not be tolerated by the NFL and it's fans.  I won't get behind his behavior.  Not proud of you Zeke, you have a lot of growing up to do.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Scooby's Hubby said:

No longer will I be one of the enablers and defenders of his reputation.  He makes his bed, he lays in it.  Abuse toward women will not be tolerated by the NFL and it's fans.  I won't get behind his behavior.  Not proud of you Zeke, you have a lot of growing up to do.

I'm in agreement 100%.  If you really don't want to be an enabler, find another team to front until Jerry Jones is no longer associated with this outfit.  Sorry to say that, but it's the only answer.  I'm still a fan of the star and the history it represents.  Jones, however, is a massive stain on it.

And Dez has been publicly defnding Zeke, Dez should feel played.  This kid (Zeke) will eventually run out of backers.  If I am Dak, Dez, Witten or Sean Lee I am ringing this kid's neck and putting him on notice.  I'm glad Zeke will be out of the locker room, but he needs more than "time out" from the team.