[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Elliott suspended 6 games.

Hawkeye21

6 minutes ago, michaelredd9 said:

Pics or it didn't happen, er wait, lol.  Even if his suspension stays at 6 games, I'll draft him in the second round.  Fantasy championships are won in December, not September (and October).

What if the appeal drags on and his suspension is served during the fantasy playoffs? Or he gets into more trouble?

7 minutes ago, michaelredd9 said:

Pics or it didn't happen, er wait, lol.  Even if his suspension stays at 6 games, I'll draft him in the second round.  Fantasy championships are won in December, not September (and October).

Does everyone make the playoffs in your league then?

18 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

What if the appeal drags on and his suspension is served during the fantasy playoffs? Or he gets into more trouble?

I can't think of any player who ever delayed their suspension to December.  Delaying a suspension to the next year is a possibility.  And he could get in trouble again but he would probably face the consequences next year.  This suspension involves something that happened a year ago.  The wheels of NFL justice grind slowly.

11 hours ago, michaelredd9 said:

That's a lot of draft capital - if we get a read that the suspension will be reduced then I'd agree with you. Otherwise, in a reasonable league I don't want to start so far behind the 8-ball from the get-go. Your strategy sounds better in a standard league than PPR.

So . . . I just had my way-too-early office league draft, and drafted Elliot at 3.01. Is this good value? I had the 1st overall pick and went with DJ, then took Terrelle Pryor at 2.12, saw Elliot sitting there, and just could not resist the thought of a Johnson/Elliot tandem at RB.

Edited by licc85

11 minutes ago, licc85 said:

So . . . I just had my way-too-early office league draft, and drafted Elliot at 3.01. Is this good value? I had the 1st overall pick and went with DJ, then took Terrelle Pryor at 2.12, saw Elliot sitting there, and just could not resist the thought of a Johnson/Elliot tandem at RB.

Yes, that's huge.  

2 hours ago, Bier Meister said:

while i do not like your pryor pick in the 2nd, zeke in the 3rd is very good value.  did you grab mcfadden later?  how did the rest of your roster turn out?  weak at wr?

I mean, my 2nd and 3rd round picks were back to back, so you could just look at Pryor as my 3rd round pick. WRs were flying off the board, which is why Zeke was available in the first place. I didn't grab McFadden, but I may just be able to weather the storm with some injury luck in the early going. I did get Kareem Hunt with the first pick of the 9th round though, and he's looking like he might actually win the starting job. WR position definitely isn't a strength. I'll be working hard on 2 for 1 trades to acquire a WR1.

I was fairly happy with my roster, although I will probably start out a little slow. This is a 12-team 0.5 PPR league. (I took Andrew Luck at 8.12, threw him in the IR slot and grabbed Eli off waivers after the draft ended)

Capture 5.PNG

Edited by licc85

i like coleman, gillislee, and eiffert when healthy.  i think you are in for a rough season.  if you can stay competitive, your second half should really pick up with zeke and hunt (i also think he will take the starting job). ginn will have a couple of nice games (just enough to tease you).  robinson will be frustrated (and frustrating) due to qb.

go get em

19 hours ago, licc85 said:

Sounds like my draft yesterday.  Ours is 10 teams and DJ went first then that team took Elliott in the second then Pryor in the third.

• 2 weeks later...

We did our local draft last night in Dallas. Cowboys players tend to go earlier than ADP. I had the 3rd pick. Zeke made it all the way back to me in the 2nd (18th overall pick) and I thought about grabbing him in the 3rd (23rd overall). I decided that if I was willing to take him a few picks later that I should take him now since I still had a group of players I was satisfied with taking depending on who was left at 23rd overall.

We will see what happens. It was a huge gamble and I have two bench spots filled with Zeke's backups.

Could this be bad news?  If it isn't reduced the Ezekiel camp will bring the issue into the court system and possibly delay the suspension until next year.  If it is reduced, does that mean it is agreement on both sides where Ezekiel would have to serve the suspension without further appeal?  Or can they still bring it into the court system?

• Like 1

Hmm my final draft is tonight with a 16 team league.  We only have to start 1 RB, if Zeke's suspension could be pushed back until next season, I may take him 1st round (especially if I have a later draft pick) due to RB's going super fast due to the size of the league.

I took him in my 10 team redraft league in the 4th round, 37th overall.  Couldn't pass him up there, but I swore before the draft I wouldn't take him.  This draft was 8/21 so I was able to get Hunt in the 8th or 9th round (i can't remember for sure), so that may have saved my a$$.

9 minutes ago, DanTheMan_5 said:

I took him in my 10 team redraft league in the 4th round, 37th overall.  Couldn't pass him up there, but I swore before the draft I wouldn't take him.  This draft was 8/21 so I was able to get Hunt in the 8th or 9th round (i can't remember for sure), so that may have saved my a$$.

I think you'll be in very good shape.

20 minutes ago, DanTheMan_5 said:

incredible.. but makes more sense in a redraft.. still seems like decent value, I'd probably take him there in a second as well in a 10 team-er.

11 minutes ago, Gourdeau said:

Sounding like a decision on Monday forthcoming, if his suspension is upheld, or even reduced, who is the RB to start here, DMC or Morris ?

might be split.. which would suck. I would think the edge would still be McFadden, and if for anything else he catches the ball well out of the backfield something you're not getting from Morris (at least historically).

3 minutes ago, robotpimp said:

might be split.. which would suck. I would think the edge would still be McFadden, and if for anything else he catches the ball well out of the backfield something you're not getting from Morris (at least historically).

Ya I drafted DMC with the hope he'd be able to start for me until Martin's 3 gamer is up. Went WR heavy