[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Elliott suspended 6 games.

Hawkeye21

9 hours ago, stethant said:

This is entirely correct. He'll lose the temporary restraining order case and then be out week 2. Or, he'll win the TRO and then get booted by the NFL's case in their friendly NY court. Brady already went through all of this and lost - with a stronger case. The courts do not re-create the wheel when they have precedent to go by.

As far as the courts go, the facts that lead to the suspension are completely irrelevant.

I read that the NFLPA filed suit "first" to have the appeals court in a friendly TX court.  Apparently Brady did it wrong because they waited for the NFL to file the appeal and they got their choice for a friendly NY court.  I'm thinking Zeke's got a better shot than Brady at beating this....no pun intended.

44 minutes ago, LeonardPart6 said:

I read that the NFLPA filed suit "first" to have the appeals court in a friendly TX court.  Apparently Brady did it wrong because they waited for the NFL to file the appeal and they got their choice for a friendly NY court.  I'm thinking Zeke's got a better shot than Brady at beating this....no pun intended.

I've heard that too but not really sure how likely any court is to side with the players, as stelhant explained they've given NFL the right to punish without proof, and not sure how a court can rule against that.

Meanwhile at the legion of doom...

NFL suspended free agent K Josh Brown six games for violating the league's domestic-violence policy.

This means nothing in the grand scheme of things because Brown is/was never going to play again after he was given a one-game ban last year and subsequently released by the Giants. A habitual wife-beater, Brown had allegedly been physical with his ex-wife more than 20 times over a six-year period starting when she was pregnant in 2009 all the way through a 2015 Pro Bowl incident.

Cause nothing makes you more credible then suspending the guy again a year later when he just happens to be constantly brought up in regards to the current Zeke case.  Not like he had a chance of every playing again anyways, so why not just throw that out there.  What a joke.