[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Keenan Allen

Chloroform Rx

What are everyone's thought on him this year? In my opinion, he is one of if not the biggest wildcard this year. When he was on the field in 2015, he was a top 5 fantasy WR. He has incurred season-ending injuries in consecutive seasons, including the first game of last year and mid-way through the season in 2015. So yeah, injuries.

Yet he in projecting in the 4th round this year.

Who is reaching?

Nope.  In fact, I am looking at Tyrell Williams around the 6th round as a better value.  Injuries will always be the story line with Allen and I am not risking a 4th round pick on someone who has that history.  If he slides a few rounds and I miss on Williams, I will take a shot.  But fourth round?  Not for me.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, michaelredd9 said:

I'm willing to take a gamble in the 4th round.  He is a tier-one talent.  I'd rather take the chance that he doesn't get hurt than hoping that another player with less talent ascends.

This 

1 hour ago, stethant said:

He was slow before and is likely to be slower now - I won't be drafting him with his ceiling already baked into the purchase price. Tyrell Williams is the better value for me.

Eh, speed was never his strength to begin with, that's not why he's ever been valuable.  He's a target hog, with elite route running, literally uncoverable as he gets value off the line.  T-Williams had 1,000 yards last year but he was a complete product of scarcity with Allen, Stevie Johnson, and Benjamin down.  Inman even got more snaps than him last year.  Keenan Allen in the 4th is 10x the value of T-Williams in the 6th, as he can give you top 10 receiving points. 

1 hour ago, ffgreg said:

He will likely go 3rd or sooner. He has insane potential but seems to have bad luck with injuries. Not going to call him injury prone at this point.

Thank you. A lacerated kidney is not injury prone lol. He's had bad luck for sure but is definitely not injury prone. People passing him up or dropping him in rankings based on a perceived injury history, are missing out and should really go play fantasy golf. 

• Like 1

Yeah, I don't understand how you can count a lacerated injury against someone.  Are we going to hold a lacerated spleen against Witten?  Keenan came down hard on his side after making an insane jumping TD catch in double coverage and his organ exploded, meh.

On 8/12/2017 at 11:13 PM, kdko said:

Keenan Allen in the 4th is 10x the value of T-Williams in the 6th, as he can give you top 10 receiving points. 

:rofl: OK setting aside the math here......

My concern with the speed angle is the issue of separation - is he still going to be able to separate from the CB? Allen definitely has potential here but the risk for me isn't worth it in the 4th - I'll take my risk shots elsewhere.

Now - if I can get him as a WR3 then I am definitely interested.

Edited by stethant

6 hours ago, stethant said:

Allen definitely has potential here but the risk for me isn't worth it in the 4th - I'll take my risk shots elsewhere.

The player talent in both the 3rd and 4th round has become progressively worse over the last decade or so.  And people keep getting better at drafting so players aren't slipping through the cracks nearly as often.  The other players I'm considering in the 4th round are Marshawn Lynch, Larry Fitzgerald, Tyreek Hill, or a rookie running back.  The 4th round is a risk sh!tstorm.  I don't see Keenan as any riskier than the other 4th round contestants.  I think Keenan being available in the 4th round is a player slipping through the cracks a bit.

Edited by michaelredd9

7 hours ago, stethant said:

My concern with the speed angle is the issue of separation - is he still going to be able to separate from the CB?

LOL, talk about laughable.  When has Allen had a problem with separation?  I'm assuming you don't watch him play.  He was torching Marcus Peters, an elite corner, and made him visibly mad the entire half before going down last year.  Allen has looked explosive in training, and threw a spinebuster on that Rams player in the joint practice.  I'm all in at his current ADP.

Edited by kdko
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, heehawks said:

He is now two seasons removed from his knee injury and his last injury wasn't leg related. That tells me he should be just fine this season and his current adp is a screaming steal. 

Uh...hate to say this, but it hasn't even been a calendar year since he tore his ACL (9/11/2016).  The two before that (lacerated kidneys, fractured clavicle) were 2015/2014, but his most recent is a knee injury.  Plenty of time to be healed and honestly speed was never his thing anyways, but just wanted to clarify cause it can affect his crisp route running. 

2 hours ago, Def. said:

Uh...hate to say this, but it hasn't even been a calendar year since he tore his ACL (9/11/2016).  The two before that (lacerated kidneys, fractured clavicle) were 2015/2014, but his most recent is a knee injury.  Plenty of time to be healed and honestly speed was never his thing anyways, but just wanted to clarify cause it can affect his crisp route running. 

Look crisp to me:

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Def. said:

Cool, thanks for the clarification. Wasn't too sure. I guess a full year is good amount of time, but two years would have been better! Still a steal imho. 

Edited by heehawks

I think Philip Rivers is an underappreciated quarterback.  His worst trait is his funky chicken delivery of the ball.  He big and tall, but he throws the ball from his waist.  He is still good.  And certain receivers/tight ends might pair well with River's quirky football delivery.  Rivers has shown the ability to connect with Keenan.  The risk of injury is a small price to pay for a tier one talent in the 3rd/4th round.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, MnLefty said:

I'd have that this way...

Thomas

Cooks

Cooper

Allen

Dez

Hill

Adams

I think you have Adams WAY too low on that list. In PPR, Allen has great value on his ADP, but I think Adams outscores him in standard leagues.

2 minutes ago, heehawks said:

I think you have Adams WAY too low on that list. In PPR, Allen has great value on his ADP, but I think Adams outscores him in standard leagues.

I could very well be way wrong and just jaded by my hate for the pack, but I don't believe he scores double digit TD's again... Pack #2 has always put up numbers, but can be difficult to figure out at times.  Cobb is not dead, even though ESPN ranks/drafts treat him as such, and with an off-season to scheme with Ty in the backfield I just don't trust Adams at his current ADP.