[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Auction Draft: Bell & DJ price tag

darkadun

So, this is my first auction draft coming up, and its a dynasty.  1/2 PPR, 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, TE, 2 Flex, 1 DST. 9 bench.  $230 budget.

My main question is if you think David Johnson and Bell are worth the price tag of $60 - $70?  I'd like opinions before I give my thinking on this.

$50 and $45 respectively + or - $5

We play with $210 auction dynasty and at $50 is about the point I would drop them.

DJ is $7(but he was drafted for $1 as a rookie) in my league and Bell is $30

Top 20 ranked players go up $3 each year

Edited by Rbgb

2 minutes ago, Rbgb said:

$50 and $45 respectively + or - $5

We play with $210 auction dynasty and at $50 is about the point I would drop them.

DJ is $7(but he was drafted for $1 as a rookie) in my league and Bell is $30

Top 20 ranked players go up $3 each year

That definitely seems reasonable. I have a feeling it won't be enough to get them, but this is a new league so I'm not sure how some of them will bid.

2 minutes ago, Rbgb said:

$60 most id do with a $230 cap

What does your keeper total have to be?

Our keeper total has to be $150 with a max of 15 players so its kind of difficult to spend more than $50 on a player.

This is full dynasty, so I don't think that applies. As far as I know. But I should get clarification on that as I'm not sure how it will work next year with the Rookie draft. 

Definitely get clarification.

Mine is full dynasty. Only reason for 15 keepers is to make room on your bench for new players/rookies/players people drop for value reasons.

You have to drop players to make room for new players and it makes sense that you would have a different after draft salary cap vs keeper cap so you can have money to draft new players.

3 minutes ago, Rbgb said:

Definitely get clarification.

Mine is full dynasty. Only reason for 15 keepers is to make room on your bench for new players/rookies/players people drop for value reasons.

You have to drop players to make room for new players and it makes sense that you would have a different after draft salary cap vs keeper cap so you can have money to draft new players.

Ok, thats a good point as I was wondering how that would work for the next draft. However, I do know that from here on out we are not doing Auction. The Rook drafts will be normal snake style. 

On 8/12/2017 at 3:14 PM, darkadun said:

So, this is my first auction draft coming up, and its a dynasty.  1/2 PPR, 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, TE, 2 Flex, 1 DST. 9 bench.  $230 budget.

My main question is if you think David Johnson and Bell are worth the price tag of $60 - $70?  I'd like opinions before I give my thinking on this.

Yes they probably are worth it, and you will see that they probably will easily go for $60, if not then later when people get a little more desperate for a lock down RB1 lesser talent could go for almost as much, but needing three WR's at .5 ppr you might see some extra value put on AB/OBJ/JJ.  

Some guys might go into the auction saying 'I'm not getting into these bidding wars on RB's I'm shifting my big money investing into two elite WR's.  guaranteed someone over pays for Gronk big time and handicaps the rest of their budget.

In my league with a $200 budget, Bell went for $71 last year and Zeke for like $75 or some crazy number (then again, some guy paid $73 for Andrew Luck, so I will admit some guys in my league are not so savvy).  I personally think it's a bit much and wouldn't pay that for him.  It's a PPR and I'd pay into the $60s for top WR and maybe low $60s for a Bell, DJ, or Zeke (minus suspension), but not into the $70s.  That all being said, I tend to want a more well-rounded team if I can and I'll pay for more mid-tier guys and look for guys to have above-average years, or look for value, than to pay top-dollar for the studs.  For instance, two years ago in the first year of an auction draft keeper league, I took Jordy for $2 knowing he'd ride my bench all season because of the injury but also knowing he'd only cost me $7 last year and $17 this year.  I'm keeping Abdullah for $15 and looking to offload D. Murray for $34 to get another top WR at good value (Baldwin and M. Thomas have good value and their owners need RB) because I don't trust Murray to stay top-dog and I'd rather take the flyer on the WRs at better value.