[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

PPR Keeper Help

millarki

I am in a ppr keeper league we get to keep 5 players from last year.

My roster was a little all over the place as it was my first time ever playing fantasy.

I have it narrowed down to 6 players:

WR Dez Bryant

WR Doug Baldwin

WR Brandin Cook

QB Drew Brees

RB Jay Ajayi

TE Delanie Walker  

My personal thought is to give up TE Delanie Walker, but I can't shake the feeling that a good TE is better than a good WR. What I learned from 2016 is Walker is sharing more and more targets and looks like hes being phased out... I personally don't think he will do as well as he is projected.

Thoughts?

Appreciate your feedback.

GO BRONCOS

So for PPR I use yahoo format. He's my advise. Drop Bryant.

Walker was the 5th best TE in yahoo PPR format. Yes he may share more targets but he is a stud and TEN will surely make him a part of their plans in the red zone. He is not being phased out, TEN is just getting better. 

Baldwin was the 7th best WR in yahoo PPR format and Cooks was 9th. Dez Bryant was 38th overall, if anyone is being phased out its him. Yes he can make spectacular catches and is a big name but his production has been going in the wrong direction. There are 37 better receivers to choose from. 

Brees was the 3rd best QB, solid keeper. 

Ajay was the 11th best RB hes a solid keeper as he looks to continue his success this year. 

Again, I personally think Bryant is the one that has to go. Right now hes just big name without big numbers. Look for better value. 

42 minutes ago, mkecrew said:

So for PPR I use yahoo format. He's my advise. Drop Bryant.

Walker was the 5th best TE in yahoo PPR format. Yes he may share more targets but he is a stud and TEN will surely make him a part of their plans in the red zone. He is not being phased out, TEN is just getting better. 

Baldwin was the 7th best WR in yahoo PPR format and Cooks was 9th. Dez Bryant was 38th overall, if anyone is being phased out its him. Yes he can make spectacular catches and is a big name but his production has been going in the wrong direction. There are 37 better receivers to choose from. 

Brees was the 3rd best QB, solid keeper. 

Ajay was the 11th best RB hes a solid keeper as he looks to continue his success this year. 

Again, I personally think Bryant is the one that has to go. Right now hes just big name without big numbers. Look for better value. 

Thats a very interesting position I will definitely add that to my madness.

I was not expecting that answer, but it makes sense. I know his ceiling isn't really that great as of the least 2 years but his floor is WR1 all year if he can stay healthy (AND CATCH THE DAMN BALL HAHAH).... 

Really do appreciate your feedback though thats a nice perspective.

Dez is still an ADP in PPR at 15 I don't think you drop him because you like D.Walker.  

You can't go off of last years stats for everyone Dez had a QB change and a Rookie still in training. He's elite, PPR you need catches but don't ignore the ceiling of Dez which is elite level.

Just let the TE position run its course you could get him back easily. 

He's 33, he had 65 catches 800 yds and decent TD's (7).  That's within the top 10 but he's essentially 10.  The dudes below him produce essentially the same stats or have the potential to produce similar or better (Ebron, Bennett, Eifert).  

There's also guys in good situations or emerging like Hooper, Doyle (no Allen stealing TD's).  Walker should be available, TEN is trending the right way but don't stretch on a TE2 at best over a WR1.  I'd drop Walker.