[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Do I Trade Away or Let Go to Draft

SladeX

So i have a question for seasoned Auction Draft guys in a PPR league.  I got lucky last year with my picks because I dumped off the year before and had extra draft dollars to spend last year.  I got bell handed to me for a keeper, I picked up David Johnson as my sleeper his rookie year.  So those were my sleeper/keepers last year before i got Zeke, Evans, Tyreek Hill, Pryor etc in draft.  I'm more than likely keeping David Johnson and Terrelle Pryor as my Keeper/Sleeper this year. My question is do I trade away Zeke/Bell/Evans before the draft and get more draft dollars or do I let them go back to the draft and hope to pick them up again?  Attached is my team roster from last year.   This is only my 3rd draft as an Auction league so I'm still kinda new to it.   TIA!!

Screen Shot 2017-08-15 at 5.04.39 PM.png

my point of keeping Bell and DJ is the only reason to throw them back is if you for some reason paid WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY to much for them, most likely you didn't the value in auctions is getting dudes on the cheap, sniping sleepers which you've done well with if DJ is a low cost and Bell is at or slighly above you add them together and divide by 2, I'm sure that backfield would be insanely OP vs any other considering the value of DJ but without knowing the Auction $'s and values of those two it's hard to understand where the value is, with Zeek he loses half a season so unless you got him super cheap I don't know what his value is at all.  Maybe I'm not thinking about it correctly??  

Sorry I must not explained it very well I am pretty new to auction.  We don't get docked dollars for who we keep. So I could have spent $75 on DJ last year and I'll still start with $200 this year.  Sleeper has to be someone I spent $9 and under or picked up off of FA that wasn't drafted for more than that.  And the sleeper can only be sleeper one year. Then they get moved up so DJ is now in keeper status. If that makes sense 

23 minutes ago, SladeX said:

Sorry I must not explained it very well I am pretty new to auction.  We don't get docked dollars for who we keep. So I could have spent $75 on DJ last year and I'll still start with $200 this year.  Sleeper has to be someone I spent $9 and under or picked up off of FA that wasn't drafted for more than that.  And the sleeper can only be sleeper one year. Then they get moved up so DJ is now in keeper status. If that makes sense 

interesting.  So you get one of each, you're thinking about trading away to get some more dollars back because you essentially 'own' the players until you lock in your sleeper/keeper. 

meaning you have 200 to spend but if you have a player someone else would want you could sell them for money from their 200 budget?  Am I understanding that correctly? that's kind of a cool way of doing it if so.

Zeek and Bell are both Keepers, Bell will return you the most for sure, but you could dangle both out and get at least $55-65 for either one I'm guessing, I'd try to get two owners into a biding war (but silent auction).

Edited by robotpimp

Yea so if someone wants to use Bell or whoever as a keeper they could trade I think up to $45 towards their budget if I remember right cause we can't go below X amount of trade dollars.  So they would be getting a steal on anyone for $45   That's why I dunno if I should let them go back then I got a Chance at getting them again and or them wasting more than just $45 towards someone that could potentially pull $65.  But then again they are dropping someone else who is probably pretty good and I'd have that extra money to go get him.   Too many variables. Just wanted people's opinions to maybe help 

I'd do that with ZEEK maybe although once people see DJ is gone and those top crust RB's like McCoy if thrown back, that pushes RB value even higher, plus I have to imagine if you bid on L.Bell people are going to be gunning for you not to get him.. which comes to another strategy if you throw him back make sure you get into a war where you have a set cap that you don't deviate much from but make those owners spend!   Zeek for 40-45$ if you can get it would be great value to you.  Bell might be giving someone too good of a deal although it they don't have a good keeper on their team or decent sleeper you get the $45 extra you can do a lot with that extra money.