[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Keeper Help

Lukester2181

Gronk, you know what you get (if healthy) he's pretty insane when on the field.  Probably not a ton of value like Alshon could pan out to be.  

I'd almost take Gronk, Alshon and Hopkins or Dez over Hopkins.  you get to keep these guys for the rest of your life? Or does the keep end or cost you something?

So first let me point out that Dez is just a name now. Last year in PPR format in Yahoo scoring Dez was ranked 38th overall in WR for 2016.  Dez in the 2nd round is a big mistake when you can get a better player available. There's intriguing potential with Hopkins in the 12th, you probably wouldnt get a better receiver or overall player than him. Alshon has a ton of value at the 15th, being in a new offense he is sure to get his opportunities. 

Dez is no more than a name now as his production has deceased the last couple of years, not to mention he has a history of being in the top of the league in drops. 

I would keep Gronk, Alshon, and Hopkins. 

Yeah, I also read an article that Dez is going to be facing off with many top corners over the first half of the season which will bring his value down. I have the first overall pick so Gronk, Alshon, Hopkins with Antonio Brown should be a great building block for the rest of the draft. Removing Dez, I would still have two 2nd round picks allowing me to go RB RB to round out the lineup. Thanks!

I guess I would chance throwing Dez back he's at value you could get him or someone else very similar it would help you if you got a WR in the 1st and needed a RB so you would not be handcuffed into picking from a pool of one or the other WR/RB because of what you picked in the first, I think that gives you the flexibility, Alshon is great value who cares what his potential is or injury history you can't deny Hopkins and Alshon being easily solid WR2's with upside to both be WR1's with still having a round 1 and 2 pick.

The point is Dez will be drafted somewhere in the second but so will AJ, Cooper, Hilton, A.Rob all similar WR2/WR1 guys. They all carry their own risks/upsides I think you have great flexibility with dropping him in the second.. If you already have Alshon and Hopkins you can rock RB in either the 1st or 2nd without worry.

Just now, Lukester2181 said:

I appreciate your opinions! Our keepers are due this Friday and have been going back and forth. I guess the big thing to remember is value and I'm getting value with Hop and Alshon at a 12th and 15th round keep. 

It could literally be tremendous.  This is for sure you are getting incredible value for two guys that can slate themselves as FF contributors at no less than WR2 but WR1 upside, both costing you essentially nothing.  But I wouldn't ignore WR completely although you would be able to add depth at RB and maybe reach on a TE earlier if you want.. kind of helps control your destiny since the value gap is so big.  

No need to reach for a TE with being able to keep Gronk at a 3rd round pick. I'll have Hop, Alshon, Gronk. Then I have the first overall which I'm leaning Brown (Bell, OBJ, Julio and all other other big name players are being kept this year). The guy that had Brown last year was not able to keep him this year his 3 years were up. Perfect timing for me!

5 minutes ago, Lukester2181 said:

No need to reach for a TE with being able to keep Gronk at a 3rd round pick. I'll have Hop, Alshon, Gronk. Then I have the first overall which I'm leaning Brown (Bell, OBJ, Julio and all other other big name players are being kept this year). The guy that had Brown last year was not able to keep him this year his 3 years were up. Perfect timing for me!

haha, yeah if you have AB, you can definitely roll either Hopkins or Alshon or both, you know the potential.  Hopkins and the QB situation obvious is in flux but that guy is elite no doubt he can't continue to regress unless they trade him to LAR then that would be trouble.  Gronk is a saint as a keeper.  you'll get AB and throttle RB's for a few rounds.