[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Trade Zeke in a keeper league?

wmwhitlock

Here is the general scenario. I kept Zeke and Melvin Gordon in a 12 team PPR league before the suspension came down. I’m fielding trades for Zeke and here are my two offers

Offer 1
I get: TY Hilton picks number 29, 44 and 46
He Gets: Zeke Picks Number 35, 38 and 62

Offer 2
I get: AJ Green picks number 34, 50 and 95
He Gets Zeke picks number 35 62 and 86

Thoughts?

It's a long time to wait for your first pick but having an option of Zeek forever I don't know if I trade him because unless he continues to get suspended he probably remains a round 1 pick for years to come.  or maybe I'm completely insane.  Gordon is still a nice start, it'll sting picking in the 3rd and not really having that true 2nd round pick but I think it's worth it for the option of keeping Zeek for the future.

I do get the late third and early 4th in quick succession and when I do that I usually end up with some combinations of terelle Pryor, Allen Robinson, Alston Jeffrey and occasionally Keenan Allen in the mocks if I go two wide receivers. of course I'll still need another starting RB with the suspension

5 minutes ago, wmwhitlock said:

I do get the late third and early 4th in quick succession and when I do that I usually end up with some combinations of terelle Pryor, Allen Robinson, Alston Jeffrey and occasionally Keenan Allen in the mocks if I go two wide receivers. of course I'll still need another starting RB with the suspension

I like your thought process with Allen.  If you're even 70% comfortable with it, then I think you'll make it work not only that if you squeeze out a few wins during the Zeek suspension you know what you have coming back, a complete game changer and you get him next year as well. 

Dont trade him, you need to play the long game here with him and keep him.

Just go Best Player Available through the draft - going WR/WR initially likely provides the strongest start as you should be able to put together some strong options for your RB2 to cover the suspension (plus, if he does sue the NFL and isnt suspended til next year, gets it overturned or reduced you will be kicking yourself).