[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Rookie rb

wwt829jr

Given a similar choice I went with Fournette; the Jags are planning to be even more run heavy this year and Fournette is likely going to be the primary beneficiary.

Mixon seems to be the guy who is going to take over in Cincy's backfield, but they also have Bernard and Hill so he might get less snaps.

McCaffrey is interesting too, but will likely share with Stewart. 

Cook I'm just not feeling myself. I think he's going to be more of the pass catching back, though if you're PPR that could be an added bonus.

I like them all differently.  I would choose who you like.. the recommendations will all be different, you can make a case for any one of them.

McCaffery seems the most limited volume-wise although imo the guy can also be one of the guys that makes a lot out of a little.  

I had first pick in a rookie draft I went Mixon I have no clue if that will pay off but it's a Dynasty league I do need him this year but if he's limited most of the year I have reserves.

Fournette might get the volume but there still is Ivory and Yeldon, he's not a lock right away.

Cook - might get the most carries out of the gate, Murray still on the PUP will be a slower comeback.  Cook will get a lot of check downs from Bradford which might be the best way for him to be effective, MN thinks they've got a better O-line but it couldn't get worse last year, so as much as much as I like Cook it's a wait n see with that line.  Full circle, no one knows.. 

15 minutes ago, Rbgb said:

I'm in the Mixon and Cook camp

I ended up with Hunt and Cook and I'm happy with those picks. Both teams have had great RBs in recent history. That isn't a recipe for success,  but it helps IMO.

agree, and I like Hunt as well.. pretty much you know that KC will run a lot of offense through their RB, it might be Ware out of the gate but Hunt could carve his way in at some point.

Cook I almost feel I missed the mark drafting Mixon over Cook, Mixon has incredible talent but Cook could surprise all other rookies end of season (nothing against the others in this draft, it was like a 4 headed coin flip for me to choose).

ESPN's David Newton reports the Panthers are peppering Christian McCaffrey with "short passes and screens" in practice.
After observing on Thursday, Newton reports it's "obvious" the Panthers have "big plans" for their first-round pick. Per Newton, McCaffrey is "so fast on his cuts that it leaves (defenders) grasping for air." McCaffrey is an exceptional runner, but it's become clear the Panthers view the passing game as the best way for him to make a rookie impact. It will be a big change for an offense that hasn't been big on screens or running back targets under Cam Newton.

Jonathan Stewart said Christian McCaffrey is "pretty unstoppable" running routes out of the backfield.
"There’s not going to be anybody in this league that can cover him 1-on-1," Stewart continued. "(OC Mike) Shula has definitely found some pretty good ways to put him in positions to win." Stewart's comments align with early camp reports; ESPN's David Newton wrote McCaffrey has been peppered with "short passes and screens." Stewart will likely keep most of his early-down role, but the Panthers clearly plan for McCaffrey to be heavily involved as well

This is a no brainer to me. McCaffrey has been receiving this kind of praise all summer and through camp. In a PPR league he is going to be legit. Yes, Stewart will get most of the first and second down reps but McCaffrey is going to be a big part of this offense.