[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Cameron Meredith

banerak

66 rec almost 900 yards and 4TDs last year, I'd say he's already done something. And he did that with less than 100 targets too, Alshon Jeffery had just 3 fewer targets and only had 52 rec (68 vs 55 % catch rate).

I had to look him up and saw his stats, didn't recognize the name at all.

He is the number 1 option in Chicago this season. Picked him up in a couple keeper leagues i got going, I am Thinking he might be a sleeper hit this season. got him pretty late in both drafts.

He's a solid pick in the mid to late rounds.  There are not many team WR1s available then.  Team WR2s are going well before him.  Britt is another guy I like late and similar to Meredith.  If Britt could have that season on the Rams last year then I don't see why he couldn't with the Browns especially after Pryor did it there.

No, Opie, Haven't managed to get into a good dynasty league yet. 20 years of FF and haven't done that style yet. Hoping to get into one this year or prob next realistically. Meredith hadn't been on my radar before this year, my loss, but hoping for some good mid to late round value this year now that I got him in 2 keeper leagues.

14 minutes ago, kylebocy22 said:

I just traded Theo Riddick for Meredith in my dynasty league. My buddy LOVES Riddick, so I knew I could get Meredith for nothing haha!

Hmm...I don't know what kind of depth you have at RB, but I don't know if I would have given up Riddick for him, especially in PPR.  We don't know what Meredeiths rapport is with Glennon, or how Glennon is even going to play this year.  Riddick has Stafford at the helm, and they have proven chemistry.  He's also the perfect bye week, or replacement for an injured RB on your team, as he's completely serviceable as a flex in his own right.  Meredith is a big ? from me this year.  The best Bears WR will probably be on the waiver wire.

23 minutes ago, kdko said:

Hmm...I don't know what kind of depth you have at RB, but I don't know if I would have given up Riddick for him, especially in PPR.  We don't know what Meredeiths rapport is with Glennon, or how Glennon is even going to play this year.  Riddick has Stafford at the helm, and they have proven chemistry.  He's also the perfect bye week, or replacement for an injured RB on your team, as he's completely serviceable as a flex in his own right.  Meredith is a big ? from me this year.  The best Bears WR will probably be on the waiver wire.

21 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I'm not so sure trading Riddick for Meredith was nothing unless he was like your RB5.  Riddick is always one of my depth RBs in PPR.  If it's standard scoring then it's a much better deal.

This is a dynasty league and Meredith will be good for years to come, especially when Trubisky takes over (I also have Trubisky). Riddick is small and often injured.

My RBs are: Gordan, Fournette, Woodhead, Burkhead, Forte, McKinnon, Drake, Vareen. I needed a solid WR because John Brown's health concerns. 

I think I made the right call considering that I would typically only use Riddick in a bye week situaion and I have Woodhead or Vareen for that. 

10 minutes ago, kylebocy22 said:

This is a dynasty league and Meredith will be good for years to come, especially when Trubisky takes over (I also have Trubisky). Riddick is small and often injured.

My RBs are: Gordan, Fournette, Woodhead, Burkhead, Forte, McKinnon, Drake, Vareen. I needed a solid WR because John Brown's health concerns. 

I think I made the right call considering that I would typically only use Riddick in a bye week situaion and I have Woodhead or Vareen for that. 

Seems fair.

16 hours ago, LordOpie said:

if you don't know who he is, you must not play dynasty. He's gone in all three of my dynasty leagues and I only have him in one.

I'm in a keeper league (5 players on each of 12 teams) and just have not done any research yet, the Bears sucked pretty bad last year so I didn't notice his season, and the year before he was a rookie who didn't do much.

I just think its odd to label team's #1 WR with those numbers as a sleeper. Maybe because people think the Bears suck and cannot produce quality fantasy players.

44 minutes ago, forever in debt to mo lewis said:

sure

but in rounds 7-8 of a 12 team high stakes league...what WR isnt really just an educated guess at that point?

I was only pointing out that Meredith isn't really going that late. I have Meredith on at least one of those teams. I think he's a good value play. Would prefer him more with Trubisky. 

On Friday, August 18, 2017 at 5:29 PM, Brentastic said:

You didn't even know he was and you're also saying he's not a sleeper? I'm confused.

I was not familiar with the name, when I looked up his stats I was surprised that such a productive player was unknown to me, not sure how that happened.

But based on his stats, and the fact that Bears don't have a lot of other talent at WR I highly doubt this guy is a sleeper, at least not in the sense that I use the term (unknown to most and unlikely to be drafted until the last few rounds).