[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Who would you drop?

fantasybears

League: 12 team, $200 salary cap dynasty 0.5 PPR league, start 1QB, 1RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1FLEX (RB/WR/TE), 1D, 1K, 15min - 17max roster.

Who would you drop from the following before the draft (guys I'm conflicted about are in bold, others like Murray are obvious)? 

QB - Cousins ($11), Palmer ($10), Garoppolo ($3)
RB - L. Miller ($27), David Johnson ($25), L. Murray ($17), Perkins ($3)
WR - Julio ($39), Evans ($21), Allen Robinson ($15), Watkins ($11), Parker ($7)
TE - Olsen ($21), Eifert ($9)
D  - Chiefs (3)

Current Salary:  $222
Average Rookie RB: $30, Average Rookie WR: $15, Average Top WR: $35, Average Top RB: $40

Olsen, only because RB's are valuable, you have a guy that maybe missed expectations a bit especially in the TD column. I don't think his ceiling is very high and he wouldn't have killed you weekly but he also did not do anything spectacular.  He caught 31 of 39 passes but on gained 188 yards, so maybe its a lot to ask for him to get back to 4.5 ypc, add at least 4 more TD's this year, and maybe add another 2 yards to your catch avg.  I'm asking too much I know.  You know what you're getting with both guys, I think Miller is a solid RB2 weekly his value might be inflated but as the talent pool thins guys with extra money if they have a need they will spend Miller was top 10 rusher I don't know how you drop and upgrade without taking as big or bigger risk.

Probably also Watkins and Parker, although if you think Watkins stays healthy and LAR can really improve I guess he's ok.. the risk is big but the potential is big too.  He had a worse QB than T-Mobile and did well so he isn't reliant on a 'good' QB sucks it's always a rookie on a S team.  You have to own him through his injures. 

Edited by robotpimp

7 minutes ago, robotpimp said:

Olsen, only because RB's are valuable, you have a guy that maybe missed expectations a bit especially in the TD column. I don't think his ceiling is very high and he wouldn't have killed you weekly but he also did not do anything spectacular.  He caught 31 of 39 passes but on gained 188 yards, so maybe its a lot to ask for him to get back to 4.5 ypc, add at least 4 more TD's this year, and maybe add another 2 yards to your catch avg.  I'm asking too much I know.  You know what you're getting with both guys, I think Miller is a solid RB2 weekly his value might be inflated but as the talent pool thins guys with extra money if they have a need they will spend Miller was top 10 rusher I don't know how you drop and upgrade without taking as big or bigger risk.

Thanks.  Miller is the one I sway back and forth the most on for the exact reason you say.  Would you trade Miller and Olsen for someone like Crowell ($7), or just keep Miller since he has a better D.

19 minutes ago, fantasybears said:

Thanks.  Miller is the one I sway back and forth the most on for the exact reason you say.  Would you trade Miller and Olsen for someone like Crowell ($7), or just keep Miller since he has a better D.

Not a bad idea at all, I'd buy into Crowell he's still young, improved every year a tic above Miller on a team with a good o-line trending the right direction.  Duke doesn't worry me too much he'll get his but for sure Crowell still gets the yards and decent catches.  I would hope to see a little more production out of Crowell to take the next step, sub 200 carries is my concern but 40 catches is a good sign of at least involvement, he still had over 250 opportunities which is great.  But you hope he cracks a 1000 yards rushing.  

You might be overpaying in a re-draft keeper league, but Crowell's value and dynasty potential makes a trade like that for future good, considering both cap $ and future.

Edited by robotpimp