[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Leaguesafe allowed in Arizona???

TomTerrificRules

I already joined a $300 league, but now I am concerned. The site says it is good in all 50 states, but Arizona, as well as 3 other states, considers fantasy football "gambling." I am not able to do DFS here, for example, because banks will not accept a check from an online fantasy football site. I had never heard of Leaguesafe before, so this is my first time trying it. How do you get your payouts if you win? Check? Wire transfer? Is there a workaround if you live in one of these states?

29 minutes ago, TomTerrificRules said:

I already joined a $300 league, but now I am concerned. The site says it is good in all 50 states, but Arizona, as well as 3 other states, considers fantasy football "gambling." I am not able to do DFS here, for example, because banks will not accept a check from an online fantasy football site. I had never heard of Leaguesafe before, so this is my first time trying it. How do you get your payouts if you win? Check? Wire transfer? Is there a workaround if you live in one of these states?

Ask if the league uses PayPal.

1 hour ago, TomTerrificRules said:

https://www.leaguesafe.com/HowItWorks

2 hours ago, TomTerrificRules said:

I have already read the rules, thank you. My question is more concerned with the e check or paper checks. Will the banks in AZ accept this?

You asked "how do you get payouts if you win?" so it sounded like you hadn't.

Could you not just go for the prepaid visa card? Can spend that anywhere pretty much.

Geez, I was wondering how long before the haters came out. My God, man, I went to my local branch, Bank of America, and the person I spoke to was literally not able to give me a solid answer. He told me when I get the payout, I could try it and it "might" go through. He also said though that technically, AZ might consider it a gambling payout, and it may be rejected. Not being happy with that answer, I went to my nearest Chase Bank and made the same inquiry. Virtually the same answer, which is why I am asking on "some random message board." I was hoping maybe someone from AZ had some suggestions. 

I know I can get a "virtual visa" or an Amazon gift card, but I am specifically inquiring about the banking options. Sorry I triggered you, snowflake. Next time, I'll try to be more clear in my question. 

well see, that's some information that woulda been useful like 4 hours ago, with the initial inquiry.

How are we supposed to know what you've done to answer the question yourself?

we were giving you some solutions to try out on your own since we don't know much about LS and AZ banking laws.

so next time, "snowflake" yeah, be more clear.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, loaf said:

well see, that's some information that woulda been useful like 4 hours ago, with the initial inquiry.

How are we supposed to know what you've done to answer the question yourself?

we were giving you some solutions to try out on your own since we don't know much about LS and AZ banking laws.

so next time, "snowflake" yeah, be more clear.

I wish my haters tried to be this helpful. 

• Like 1

no worries...you had some pretty tight parameters you were looking to cross off your check box

Arizona native

used leaguesafe in the past

used leaguesafe, won money and used an e-check as payout...

those are pretty specific for someone just wandering by. It'll take a few days before everyone is back on the boards and into FF mode. Just keep checking in to see if there's any new posts.

I live in Phoenix and I have played in online leagues that use leaguesafe for the past four years. I have one money three of the four years one time I opted to receive a check in the mail the other two times I just had it wired directly into my bank account. I never even thought this was a concern until reading this message right now. I know we cannot play in DFS leagues but honestly I have never had an issue with receiving money from leaguesafe