[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What should I do? I NEED YOUR HELP!

Chadbtz23

I am the commissioner of a 8 team, 3 keeper, $20 league with guys I know. The league is going on year 5, and someone finally decided they didn't want to play anymore. What I should do with the team without an owner is what I want input on.

So this team finished last in the league. Before the season was over they traded away first overall pick in next years draft. They got a 2nd and a 6th round pick for it. The team has 1 maybe 2 keepers for this season. That being Amari Cooper and Kurt Cousins.

I found another person I know that wants to join the league but doesn't want to just give away $20 basically because the team he would take on is a dumpster fire right now.

Does anyone have any suggestions for me as to what I can do to make it semi fair for him to join? Or does anyone have any suggestions on what he could do as far as trading later draft picks to teams that have more that 3 keepers?

Thanks,

Chad

If teams is really in that bad shape you should waive the fee for the team this year.  However, if he wants to trade any assets that affect next years draft then fees are due up front for that year.  

I find it mind boggling that in an 8 team 3 keeper league that any team would be that bad.  Only 24 people are being kept (at most), any team owner can overcome that.  Personally I'd find someone who doesn't flinch at $20, cause really? $20? Waste that on 2 beers at a bar, stay in and watch Netflix one night.  :smash:   

• Like 4

If this new owner expect to play and be able to win money they should pay the $20.  Its a very small fee, unless you're grade school kids with no allowance.

PS Also give the owner who quit on short notice some grief, if you're all friends the other owners should join in on the public shaming.

1 hour ago, Def. said:

If teams is really in that bad shape you should waive the fee for the team this year.  However, if he wants to trade any assets that affect next years draft then fees are due up front for that year.  

I find it mind boggling that in an 8 team 3 keeper league that any team would be that bad.  Only 24 people are being kept (at most), any team owner can overcome that.  Personally I'd find someone who doesn't flinch at $20, cause really? $20? Waste that on 2 beers at a bar, stay in and watch Netflix one night.  :smash:   

Totally agree with this. You're essentially drafting from R4 in an 8 team league so plenty of scope to turn the team around quickly in the draft and waivers.

Kirk, not Kurt, Cousins isn't a keeper in a 12-person league.  He definitely isn't a keeper in an 8-person league.  Amari Cooper is barely a keeper in an 8 man league where 3 players are kept.  Waive the $20 fee.  Christ, it's only $20 and he is starting in a big hole.  Also, you should let the people who don't keep 3 players to draft players first.  Once everyone has 3 players, then the 4th round begins normally.   One more thing, are you planning to ask Suzy to the Fall Homecoming dance?

implement a rule regarding the trading of future draft picks: to do so, both teams must pay the dues for the drafts involved.

For this 8th place team, either comp him this year or charge half = $10

This owner is going to be at a major disadvantage at no fault of their own.  have the other 7 owners declare, then team 8 can pick any 3 eligible players to pre draft.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bier Meister said:

implement a rule regarding the trading of future draft picks: to do so, both teams must pay the dues for the drafts involved.

Yeah, the idiot owner who traded a high first round pick for a second and a sixth was probably doing a friend a favor because he knew he would be leaving the league.  Few leagues have mature enough owners to have complicated rules such as trading future draft picks.  Simplifying the rules is almost always smart.  Especially when your leaguemates haven't even finished puberty.