[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Quick Keeper Question for you all

Dcat

I have to select one of these two WRs to be kept in round 21 in a standard league (league also gives points to players for for return yards and return TDs):

Sterling Shepherd

or

Tyler Lockett

Both are #3 targets on their respective teams.  Lockett once handled punt and KO returns but I'm not sure if he is doing so again. If he is, then he seems to be the better choice for this year.  But whichever one is kept can also be kept for future years.  Shepherd has a bright future once Brandon Marshall gets injured or retires after this season (both are likely).  

I think the main part of the decision is what TE you think will be taking targets away from them. Graham improved a lot last year and Engram is a rookie. The other part is if you think Paul Richardson will be good enough to get a lot more attention than Lockett. Then there's the Giants going to be passing more than Seattle. Ok, maybe not so simple as TEs.

Locket:
-Jimmy Graham targets

+Not much competition as a slot or wide receiver(Not including Baldwin)

+-Better run game than NYG so team can be more dynamic and allow Lockett to get open, but less targets.

Shepard

+Engram won't take as many targets away from him as Graham will for Lockett

+-More competition for targets, but less coverage on Shepard

+-NYG will be throwing more, but not so great of a run game.

+Better future

So this over analysis, not sure why, but anyway...I'd go with Shepard.

5 hours ago, ImNotSoIgnorant said:

I think the main part of the decision is what TE you think will be taking targets away from them. Graham improved a lot last year and Engram is a rookie. The other part is if you think Paul Richardson will be good enough to get a lot more attention than Lockett. Then there's the Giants going to be passing more than Seattle. Ok, maybe not so simple as TEs.

Locket:
-Jimmy Graham targets

+Not much competition as a slot or wide receiver(Not including Baldwin)

+-Better run game than NYG so team can be more dynamic and allow Lockett to get open, but less targets.

Shepard

+Engram won't take as many targets away from him as Graham will for Lockett

+-More competition for targets, but less coverage on Shepard

+-NYG will be throwing more, but not so great of a run game.

+Better future

So this over analysis, not sure why, but anyway...I'd go with Shepard.

thank you.  I was offered an 8th round pick for Lockett and a 10th for Shepherd. Since one of them was going to be dumped back into the pool of regular players for the draft, I traded Lockett and took the 8th rounder and will keep Shepherd.  

Edited by Dcat

On 8/20/2017 at 9:43 AM, Dcat said:

I have to select one of these two WRs to be kept in round 21 in a standard league (league also gives points to players for for return yards and return TDs):

Sterling Shepherd

or

Tyler Lockett

Both are #3 targets on their respective teams.  Lockett once handled punt and KO returns but I'm not sure if he is doing so again. If he is, then he seems to be the better choice for this year.  But whichever one is kept can also be kept for future years.  Shepherd has a bright future once Brandon Marshall gets injured or retires after this season (both are likely).  

BM already has a bulky shoulder. I don't think BM is going to make it, I'm banking on Sterling.  

My trust is less with Wilson than Lockett although they're dependent on each other, the reliance on the deep ball, I do like Lockett, I just don't like that he's kind of the odd man out when it comes to options most weeks.  Although when BM plays for sure Sheppard is in a similar boat. 

• Like 1